Fuel Economy Discuss tips and tricks for better fuel ecomony.

How Accurate Is The Fuel Display For Range And Gas Left ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:25 AM
Default How Accurate Is The Fuel Display For Range And Gas Left ?

I just got a new 2014 Civic and I love it.

But yesterday I filled up after the display told me my remaining RANGE was about 25 miles (less than 1 gallon). I am not sure -- I forgot to look -- but with about 50 miles left I was down to 2 'squares' on the FUEL gauge.

When I filled up, the car took in just over 10 gallons.

My point is: I thought the tank was totally drained (and again, I forgot to check the remaining square(s) left on the Fuel Gauge so maybe I still had 1) but it only took 10 gallons. So that is telling me I still had close to 3 gallons left when it was showing RANGE of under 30 miles.

Which, if true, would mean that the fuel gauge should have been closer to 1/4 tank left and the RANGE should have still been close to 100 miles.

The only thing I can think of is that when the car's fuel gauge shows E(mpty) or the RANGE drops close to ZERO there is still plenty of gas in the tank so you don't get stranded. Still, it seems alot -- I know on my 2004 Civic when the needle JUST DROPPED below the "E" I had maybe 20 miles left, tops.

I did not want to risk running out of gas if the RANGE hit zero on my new car. Would have been interesting if it got there and still had 1-2-3 gallons of gas left and kept going.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:04 PM

Regular preventive maintenance is probably the single thing you can do as a car owner to keep your ride happy and save money on repairs in the future. However, not everyone agrees on what preventive maintenance is, what you should do, and when you should do it. Let's clear that up, and give you some tips that'll apply to any vehicle.
………………………………………………….

<a href=http://www.contenthoop.com/preventative-vehicle-maintenance/8315/> PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE </a>