General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

02 Censor- Heater Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:36 AM
HCF Member
Arrow 02 Censor- Heater Circuit

So i was painting the header cover and i knocked the wire around a little too much. Pretty sure that wire is the one i need to replace. Can anybody give me some ideas, Maybe related experience. Do you have to drive a certain amount of miles before the censor restes itself? once you plug a new one in does the light go off? Inspection is coming up.

Attached Thumbnails 02 Censor- Heater Circuit-engine-light-007.jpg   02 Censor- Heater Circuit-engine-light-008.jpg  
Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 AM
Chubby Chaser

so what are you saying?
you have a cel for the o2?
unplug your battery for 3-4 mins then hook it back up and start the car back up
does the cel come back on?
you may have a bad o2.

also your manifold is cracked, you need a new manifold

Old 11-04-2009, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

OK, SO i was removing the header cover and i knocked the wire that connects to the header manifold. Then i forgot to re-connect the wire before i started the car. So now the check Engine light is on. I went to my local neighborhood lube shop. He plugged in the computer to my car and said that my 02 censor - heater circuit is bad. Nothing major. So my question is has this happened to anybody else? Is that the picture of my 02 censor? Do you have to drive a certain amount of miles after replacing or should light go out rite after replacement. I don't care about cracked manifold i'm getting 4-2-1 headers soon. Is it hard to replace censor? expensive?

Old 11-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Plug in all sensors, disconnect battery (with key OFF) to reset computer, reconnect battery and test drive. If the light stays out, you're fine.

A cracked manifold can cause a CEL and sensor code because air (oxygen) leaks in through the crack and throws off the reading.

The sensor just unscrews. It may be stuck though. Parts stores sell or rent a sensor socket which has the side cut away so you can put the socket on over the wires.

You should probably buy a new sensor for your headers rather than try to reuse the old one. They can break taking them in and out.