General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

99 eclipse GS auto vs. 95 civic ex 5 speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 PM
HCF Member

100-catback -Megan
80- header - DCsport
60-intake

Oh yah.. in Canadian Dollars.... lawls

Old 06-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Chubby Chaser

my 95 civic has the d15z1 from my vx hatch and it had 90whp stock after 200$ i spent on a bigger intake manifold, and intake, header and exhaust it now has 115whp and runs damn good. i can beat v6 mustangs(stock) that includes i/e/h and i only spend a 1/3 of the gas money they do. i get 45mpg and i love it. from exp. i grew up building chevy and ford engines. when i turned 17 i got into honda's and i dont regret it one bit. i prefer a honda more than a chevy or ford as a daily driver they are way more reliable and way...way... cheaper on gas. the civic in my signature when i sold it had 552k miles on it original engine....from exp. also i have worked at a engine shop rebuilding engines
and honda's have a way better design concept than most of the engines ive rebuilt

Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
my 95 civic has the d15z1 from my vx hatch and it had 90whp stock after 200$ i spent on a bigger intake manifold, and intake, header and exhaust it now has 115whp and runs damn good.
Bullsh!t.

1. D15Z1 has 90 BHP stock. You aren't making 90 WHP stock.
2. There is no way you gained 25 WHP from I/H/E and an intake manifold. If you go by the real stock WHP, which is probably around 80 WHP, that would say that you gained ~35 WHP... also didn't happen.
3. How did you come up with the 115 WHP figure?

If you're beating stock V6 mustangs and you have an N/A D15Z1, either the Mustang driver completely SUCKS at driving, or flat out didn't try.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 06-28-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:59 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Bullsh!t.

1. D15Z1 has 90 BHP stock. You aren't making 90 WHP stock.
2. There is no way you gained 25 WHP from I/H/E and an intake manifold. If you go by the real stock WHP, which is probably around 80 WHP, that would say that you gained ~35 WHP... also didn't happen.
3. How did you come up with the 115 WHP figure?

If you're beating stock V6 mustangs and you have an N/A D15Z1, either the Mustang driver completely SUCKS at driving, or flat out didn't try.
^ what he said. how did you get that number? dyno run? and if your beating out mustangs then they don't know how to drive or they just dont give a thing about your civic and not bother trying at all

Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 AM
HCF Member

In all honesty you will recieve much more respect by being the person that puts time and effort into building their car and driving it properly instead of being the person that goes around looking to race anyone that will give them the slightest bit of attention.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 AM
HCF Member

• Yeah.
    • Racing some lady in a mustang from one red light to the next isnt really considered a victory here
      • Sorryz
        • Boom Boom Skeet Skeet.
  • Dam I Love this little bullet formatting thing

Old 06-29-2009, 07:23 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by niggafromspace
I have a stock 95 civic ex 5 speed tranny and this kid i know has a stock 99 eclipse GS auto tranny. He thinks he can take me in a race i was just going to race him and embarrass him so he stops talking **** about hondas i know hondas arent that fast stock but i am pretty sure i can beat a stock automatic eclipse. But i was looking for a second opinion.
Why does everyone post here before their big day racing. shut up put your damn seat belt on get your *** on the track do the damn thing you need other peoples advise on what your car going to do?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
IDK wtf you're talking about, I only spent like $685.

P.S. Your Mustang/Honda bias has really been shining through the past couple of days. I'm starting to get tired of hearing about it, no offense.

We all understand that your Mustang is faster than most Civics on this site. But do you really have to tell us that every time you post?

And no, I'm not asking you to leave, so don't take it that way.
Hey stu, why don't you shut the f**k up and READ THE F**KING POST before going off on a b***h fest. I didn't say my mustang's faster, nor do I bring it up every time I post. I said larger engines, for the most part, respond better to bolt ons than smaller engines, which is true. If you're so ignorant that you won't admit that, you need to go stay on solsociety and honda-tech with the other fanbois.

In other words, kindly f**k yourself. If you have a problem with me, put me on your ignore list; it's not that hard. I don't plan to stop my casual once-a-week mentioning of my mustang, so you can f**king deal with it.

(Oh, and thank you Nike. I didn't even realize he edited the post until you quoted him)

Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

Awkwarddddd....

Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Angry Admin

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
Awkwarddddd....

Quick Reply: 99 eclipse GS auto vs. 95 civic ex 5 speed