General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

about body kits READ THIS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: about body kits READ THIS!!!

ORIGINAL: h22a_civic96

A guys if you are the thinkin about putin a body kit on your car please for the sake of our great name think about it you are killin our rep with the invader style kits and the 6 foot wings come on if you want your car to have a lil more to the body get a front lip thats all you need lower you car get a jdm or type r lip STOP THE GAY A$$ BODY KITS honda has been doged for so many years and we are almost out of that hole dont drag us back under that rock THANKS FOR YOU TIME and please leave comments
Ha ha, oh wow.

You must be new here...

PS: I like the use of the royal "we" there, Tex. I know this sounds tough, but try a few posts in the suspension and appearance sections before you go posting this. Extremely redundant and childish.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

Just because some people accuse your car of being ricer doesn't mean everyone thinks that way. for every one person that says CIvics are ricer garbage, there alot more who will appresciate what the car can do. The problem with body kits and stuff is that they are bad if they are worth more than the entire car is or thats all the car has done to it. I like the way some body kits look but i don't think i would get one, not really the way i would like to have my car.

Honda's are no longer the stereotypical "ricer" car. I've seen ricer sunfires, cavaliers, S-10's, Silverado's, F-150's, Focus', Beetles, Golf's and everything else. Just build the car the way you want it, screw everyone else, if it makes you happy to drive it than that's the best way to build your car.

EDITED: Damn L button on the keyboard works intermittently, so there was a lot of L's missing lol

Old 02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Whoa, whoa, whoa there, cowboy... chill the f**k out. Who cares what someone else does to their car? And I hate to break it to ya there, killer, but Honda is still getting "doged" for being rice. As long as Honda is still a japanese company with engine displacements under 2.4l, we're going to get criticized, regardless of what we have done to our cars.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

K, i'll keep that in mind.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

To each their own......

RICE is "TECHNICALLY...." just ones "OPINION" about another's taste.
anyone can say those after market wheels are RICE, that paint is RICE, that muffler is RICE, that exhaust tip is RICE... we could all go on and on and on......

otherwise its just
[ol][*] A cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that is cultivated extensively in warm climates for its edible grain.[*] The starchy grain of this plant, used as a staple food throughout the world.[/ol]
In short - BE ORIGINAL! ones modification can be heaven to them and in the long run the "OWNERS" the only one that has a right to judge what they like.

i don't condone body kits, but i do recommend looking at others, but im not going to tell someone something to do to their vehicle or anything, i can only recommend.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

If people like body kits to make their car more unique, then thats on them. People have their own taste and opinion. But, i'll admit. SOME body kits look a little too 'agressive' or 'ricey'. But not if you know what your looking for. It doesn't mean that everyone whos gonna put a body kit on, it'll look ricey, because it won't. Honestly, most of the time, its just peoples opinions.

Koots: Lol. I love seeing ricer Cavaliers and Sunfires.. It cracks me up . That reminds me of something that happened after work a few nights ago. Some hardass pulled up besides me, and it was just some guy in a Cavalier with just a exhaust on it(So I think, it sounded like it had a CHEAP exhaust.. Like a fartcan), but.. He was revving like a hard ***, and for laughs I revved too, and acted like I was going to race him, then when the light changed, he sped off, and I just drove normal, and laughed my *** off. Then about 2~3 blocks down, he was pulled over LOL.. I drove by and laughed my *** off so hard. I was like "Man.. I love cocky teenagers." (though, i'm 18, so I can't say much) He was going at least 50~60mph in a 35mph speed zone. It was seriously one of the funniest things that happened to me. Man... Good times [8D].