Which alarm system is good? - Page 2 - HondaCivicForum.com

Go Back  HondaCivicForum.com > General Automotive > General Civic Talk
Reload this Page >

Which alarm system is good?

General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Which alarm system is good?

Old 03-09-2005, 10:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Which alarm system is good?

get the viper. ive gone through a few alarms in my car and friends cars. the DEI (VIper, Clifford) stuff is great, its not just a name brand thing. the compustar is ok, but i like viper responder better. ive had my clifford for almost three years, with NO problems. except the rmotes wearing out a little (cosmetically), but i havent even had to change the batteries in them. my wife has a viper in her car, with a remote start that has been there about a year with no problems either. my brother had a Viper 800 and it was one of the best alarms ive seen. but with any alarm, get a back up battery. my bros didnt have one when it got stolen, it would have changed everything. a buddy of mine got one of those cheap *** pager ones, it was like 1-200, i dont remember how much. what a waste. it wouldnt do anything. it never worked right, it wouldnt do anything it was supposed to. it wouldnt even go off when you opened the door. but it would go off randomly while driving. get the name brand.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

Now I think about it, the cheap pager ones don't even have dual stage shock sensor, so if someone walks by and hit my car very lightly with a shopping bag or something, the alarm will go off. I'm pretty sure that it has other ****ty non-working features too!

I decided to go for a Viper(300HF) without the pager since pager thingy costs tooooooo much.

Anyways, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SMART DECISION GUYS!!!!!

Old 03-15-2005, 05:15 PM

Ive also heard that Viper is an awesome product but how much does it cost!?
Cause im also looking for an alarm system, and i really like that BLUE LED light !!

Old 03-15-2005, 10:43 PM
HCF Member

This has got basically everything with the paging alarm. If I were to get Viper or Compustar paging alarm it'll cost me at least 500-700 bucks
That's beat. I paid $400. Come to San Diego and I'll hook you up.