General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

For all you 06+ SI

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Default RE: For all you 06+ SI

It would be cool if you shut your mouth now.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

that's "had" son.

and real sports cars by definition are cars like porsche 911s, corvettes, elises/exiges and ferraris.

what you have is a "grand touring" car, which doesn't place an emphasis on sheer handling performance like true sports cars do.

pwnt...

Old 04-15-2007, 10:09 PM
HCF Member

I don't think drbyers was trying to say he had owned a true sports car either, just that the civic si and mustang gt aren't sports cars. They are cars built with a semi sporting intention. But to answer your question, I think you would DOMINATE that si in a straight line. I think that he would be a little quicker than you in the turns. (lets be real, solid axles have their limitations). I also think his car will last longer, get better mileage, have better reliablitiy and overall build quality. I'm not saying it's a better car or that yours is, just that they had different goals when designing them.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

that's "had" son.

and real sports cars by definition are cars like porsche 911s, corvettes, elises/exiges and ferraris.

what you have is a "grand touring" car, which doesn't place an emphasis on sheer handling performance like true sports cars do.

pwnt...
Well to start off with,I never said my car was a "sport car"; its a muscle car, which is a type of sport car. However I just think it funny how people are going to come in here talking trash when they never owned a real sport car either(last time I check; 4door awd isn’t a Ferrari either). I just brought up my first car (the 3kgt is not a eco car, its not a truck, not a SUV, pretty sure it’s a sport car) to show that I like nice sport cars, they don’t have to be American.
Yes; I know my 13 year old 3kgt is not to the level of a $50k vette, or a $80k Germany work of art; or a $250k Ferrari.

So please; can we leave the “high school†terms at home w/ that I “pwnd†you.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

that's pwnt to you.

pwnt...

Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: mybrokenblinker

I don't think drbyers was trying to say he had owned a true sports car either, just that the civic si and mustang gt aren't sports cars. They are cars built with a semi sporting intention. But to answer your question, I think you would DOMINATE that si in a straight line. I think that he would be a little quicker than you in the turns. (lets be real, solid axles have their limitations). I also think his car will last longer, get better mileage, have better reliablitiy and overall build quality. I'm not saying it's a better car or that yours is, just that they had different goals when designing them.
I have to agree w/ you on most of that. This is my 1st ford; so well see how it holds up(so far, so good). Like i said before; i know what i was getting when i got it. And i love the car; I've driven plenty of cars (sport or not) I've driven the si, 350z, vettes, evos, 3kgt, 300zx TT, etc. I like my muscle car for what it is and it hard to beat for the money.

I just dont need any punk coming here trying to "act a fool", get out of here w/ that high school bs.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

that's pwnt to you.

pwnt...

I rest my case.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:17 PM
HCF Member

that would be college degree-holding bs (with a major in public relations and minor in communications) to you.

pwnt...

Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 PM

I'm in college too... so why dont you drop the hs comments; I'm here to talk about the topic i post it.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:24 PM
HCF Member

you're IN college. I GRADUATED from college and i ALREADY answered.

pwnt...

Quick Reply: For all you 06+ SI