General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Any GM guys converted in here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Default Any GM guys converted in here?

First off, I am a Die hard GM guy but I have seriously been considering buying an 06' si for a daily driver since my Crew Cab HD and my camaro don't get very good gas mileage. I was just wondering if there are any GM or Ford guys that have switched to Honda and if they regret it at all.

Thanks,
Sean

Old 06-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Default RE: Any GM guys converted in here?

I have owned, 79 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 85 Olds Ciera, 92 Chevy Corsica, always swore I would never own a Jap-mobile. Since then I have owned, 84 Honda CRX, 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, and now a 1990 Honda Civic HB (Base Model) and I must say I am much happier with the imports. ( other than how unreliable my civic has been recently. but hell its 16 years old with 240K+ miles on it) I do not regret any of the imports, other than buying the rodeo, a year before getting divorced, and then the ex-wife getting it repo'd.

HD

Old 06-29-2006, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

You need to speak to Marty, Hes the GM guru around these parts.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

I am a CAR fan! I love anything with wheels...though Volvo's and Saab's do bug me! [8D]

Old 06-29-2006, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: RaskyR1

I am a CAR fan! I love anything with wheels...though Volvo's and Saab's do bug me! [8D]
I do agree with you on this one.

I just got done test driving an and I must say I enjoyed it. Do they make any more power once they get broken in? It seemed to run a little slower than the other one I test drove a few weeks ago, this time there were 3 people in it though

Old 06-30-2006, 12:54 AM

when i first got into cars, i was a muscle car guy/truck guy, but then my friends introduced me to tuners, (he had a civic) and ive been into tuner cars ever since, so yea, i was converted!!!

wow, that sounds like sumthin you would say in church...lol...

Old 06-30-2006, 01:24 AM

i work at a GM dealership. were the 5th largest GMC dealer in the US. and you can imagine the jokes that are made when i pull in with a honda.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:20 PM
HCF Member

I'll probably never completely convert. I've owned GM's of one kind or another over the last 20 years and honestly I don't think Honda will ever build anything that is as tough as my '77 GMC 4X4, but neither will GM. I'll always be loyal to the General but only for their products made prior to the 70's. There's really nothing out there that is as cheap and as easy to work on as those old GM's. My heart is mainly in the old Caddy's. There's nothing like those old land yachts.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:23 PM

like in 5th-6th grade i was a muscle car fan, but then i found the honda tuning world and fell in love....

Old 06-30-2006, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

I will always be a german to the core. My wife and I have an 06 Audi A6 4.2, 99 Merc E-320, 00 VW Passat and my secret love, 04 civic. If we want to show up somewhere nice, the civ stays home, but for city and long distance the civic is the most practical. Soon I will convince her to let me drop the cost of another civic into pure power into the car - engine, turbo... whatever it takes to beat my wife's audi! I also had a 99 Ford F350 that had been heavily modded by my father and given to me as a gift but I just cant take it anywhere so I gave it to my twin bro. I have enjoyed my civic but it is still no match for german perfection

Quick Reply: Any GM guys converted in here?