General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Default Civic problems

Okay. My car isnt super modified but it had a fair amount of work done to it. Heres the rundown of whats been done to my car. I have a 1995 4dr Ex. It has the basics headers(DC sport), Intake(matrix), cat back exahust(Tannabe), Adjustible cam gear(Skunk2), vtec controller(Apexi), Tien 16 way adjustible street damper and slotted roters. Street fighter 2 body kit the back door handles have been shaved off and the car has been paintet Sundance Orange. Thats my car I will enclose pictures tomorrow.

The problem I have is while I was driving down the street I heard a wierd noise not knowing what it was I looked in all my mirrors. Then in my drivers side mirror i see somthing rolling off across the street. My car then starts kinda stuttering. So I pull it over and open the hood to see all my drive blets shreded. When I try to find the cause of the problem I find out the Harmonic Balancer came off. The bolt that hold the Harmonice Balancer in place broke off in side of the Crank shaft. The bolt has been removed but I'm not sure what I should do now it will cost me 450-500 to fix this problem and have my D16 working again. Or should I just try putting in a B16 in it. If I which one do i need b16a1 or 2 1 has a cable cluch right and 2 hydrolic cluch. Im not sure which one I'm supposto use? And does anyone here live in Virgina and if they do do they know a good place to get the swap done? I'll have about 3000-3500 dollars will that be enough to get the swap done?

I would really appreciate the help with this problem. Thank you in advance.
I can't spell to well either. thanks.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Default RE: Civic problems

i would just get that motor fixed, instead of buying a hole new one, then finding a place to put it in, which will cost alot, that sux dude, i would be pissed if somethin like that happend to my civ. exept i dont have near as much done to it, but still i would be pissed, if i were you i would go to any local car shops, and check price ratings on that kinda work!

Old 01-14-2006, 09:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Civic problems

Ahh, to swap or not to swap. That is the question. It's really up to you. Do you want to spend 3 grand on a new motor? How is your current motor (besides the shredded belts part)? Do you think it's time for a fresh one anyway? Probably. I would never pay $500 to fix something on a stock D series when you can just get a new one for around that much, especially wiht the miles that are probably on yours.

Can you do your own work? What are your goals? Are you happy with D series performance? Or do you need more?