General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Considering buying a Honda Civic Or Corolla

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Considering buying a Honda Civic Or Corolla

CIVIC FTMFW

Old 08-01-2007, 06:38 PM

there both really nice cars and both will last u very long if u take car of it but i would go withthe civic sicne civic are more manlyer ( dont know if thts even a word lol ) than corolla.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
gwl
HCF Member

I would get a Civic.

I don't know when Toyota will change the body style on the Corolla.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:18 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Impreza WRX

I do know this. Civics have larger interiors than Corollas. If jamming lots of big things into your car (which may or may not include passengers) is important, I would choose the Civic.

If you want a good VTEC model, go for the Civic EX or SI. It uses the performance VTEC, like what was on the CRX and Si cars, but on a new engine. SI model has better suspension and a 6-speed manual gearbox.

The DX/LX/all other X except EX models use the new R18 i-VTEC which is designed for good fuel economy, and has lots of electromechanic wizardry to provide the fuel economy of a smaller engine while still performing like a bigger engine.
TheDX LX and EX are the same.Only older models where the EX were more powerful then the DX and LX.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:34 AM

except dx lack ac.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 AM

Were you quoted any price?

if so, how much?

i'm planning on buying one too and i want to know how much is a decent price.

thanks in advance

Old 08-02-2007, 05:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Gregg420

What would be some pros of getting a 2007 honda civic vs a 2007 or 2008 Toyota Corolla?

Does The civic get better gasmileag? According to Fueleconomy.gov the Civic gets worse gas mileage but the sticker on the window at the dealership says 30 to 40 and corolla's was 30 to 38

Are the 2007's Honda Civics as good as the old ones, is there a certain year civic thats best?

Do Honda Civics compare to Toyota in terms of Reliability? Toyotas are known to go up to atleast 250K I am wondering if a Honda will generally do the same if regular oil change and maintencen are performed.

What about the DOHC VTEC engine? I hear its in preludes and CRX's if it was such a great idea then they wouldnt stop making it right?

Whats the Honda Civic going to give me a Corolla will not?
If you're worried about economy, a SOHC Civic is better than a DOHC Civic. Versus the Corolla, the Civic looks like a nicer car. The only thing to note aboutSOHC Civic reliability is that they need to have the timing belt changed every 100K miles or so. Other than that, Civics have a darn good track record and last a long time. My '00 sedan was absolutely beaten on by the previous owner and runs like a top. Parts that I've replaced due todamage (cosmetic, interior, etc.) have been pretty cheap, even when bought new at the dealer.

I'd take both for a test drive, to see what car, features,and price fit you the best. For the best economy, get a manual tranny and cruise control. Top speed isn't a consideration, as even an older 1.6L non-VTECCivic like mine will easily do triple-digit speeds. That's overdriving the stock tires and thetop speed isoften governed in the U.S. anyway.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:37 PM
HCF Member

how old are you, that's all have to know

in my family, my mother, one aunt, and my GRANDMA are all driving corollas

on the other hand, me, my brother, and two other cousins around my age, 17, are driving civics.

so if you're not interested in the tuning scene and only want a car that's not sporty, purely economy orientated, and a little cheaper, then just go for the corolla. if not, then you definitely want the civic

Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 AM
HCF Member

I think they both are really reliable, economical, and good choices. The civic just seems to have more personality.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:08 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 06coupe

except dx lack ac.
probably lighter in total weight which will lead to fuel savings if you get technical.

Quick Reply: Considering buying a Honda Civic Or Corolla