General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Considering buying a Honda Civic Or Corolla

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Considering buying a Honda Civic Or Corolla

ORIGINAL: Firehawk989

Good job on your Corolla Brian, you've managed to make it look pretty badass, and you can probably back it up pretty well if it's supercharged. I like.

*Edit* Forgot to add that the only thing I don't like about the new Civics is the digital cluster. Seems to me it would be annoying, especially driving at night, to have the numbers constantly changing causing a sort of strobe effect. Obviously not actual flashes, but I dunno, just bothers me. I like a nice smooth analog gauge, and I hope they bring them back, or at least have the option to make the cluster display a digital image of an analog gauge if that's the way they're going.
The digital cluster is one of the most amazing parts of the new Civic. You have the option to dim the lighting if you feel the need, but it dims a bit as the lights are turned on. Honestly, the digital cluster isn't annoying or hard on the eyes at all. As a matter of fact, it's nice to see the exact speed so easily. Especially during bad weather such as snow. HAHA.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Default RE: Considering buying a Honda Civic Or Corolla

ORIGINAL: polo708

my first Civic was turbocharged... it was a monster of a car, but seemed like it was always breaking. well over 400hp but about as reliable as a track car can be. It was meant to be a high powered daily driver but headache after headache and deploying overseas for 6 years turned me to finally sell it. Now I enjoy the reliability of the s/c setup and absolutely love the whine of a supercharger. Turbos are great, but on a 4 cylinder motor when you start to push some high numbers its just not as reliable as some would think. For track use its a different story, but to rely on one as a daily A to B is just not reasonable.

3 years in Japan and 3 years in Italy took me through a ton of cars but a steal of a deal and zero tax for a Corolla through military sales wouldnt let me pass on it. Then I found that TRD made a supercharger for it and the deal was sealed. Im a Mustang lover at heart which sounds weird... but the Corolla is a great car. Havent had a single problem. Not a single one in 4 years and its been boosted since about 4,000 miles. Now im back to the Civic SI. My wife has an SUV which is raping us in gas so she wanted to get a 4 door. I talked here into looking at the 4DR SI's and she fell in love with it. We will drive that whenever we go out so its basically my second car. Im just trying to express that there is no real different between the civic and the corolla when you compare equal models. Its all in what you want. I hate seeing ppl put down the Corolla saying its crap when its basically the same. Same on my Corolla forums... when ppl start to knock the civic its a bit funnny and I find it gets old quick.

Thanks for the comments. I like it since its rare... dont see too many modded Corollas let alone one that is supercharged. Mine is debadged so I constantly get asked what it is. When I say its a Corolla their jaw drops.

In the US now... the reliability of Hondas, Toyotas, and even Fords are the best. Fusion is actually ranked higher than the civic and corolla in a few magazine test drives which goes to show that Ford has really turned things around. Ford and Toyota are working together in the US market to produce great cars. Did you know that the frame and suspension of the new Tundra is that of a Ford?? Truck of the year and its basically a Ford. Chevy and Pontiac are rated the worst but Ford has stepped up big.
Isn't the Fusion the car Ford advertises to be better than the Honda and Toyota? If I'm thinking of the correct car, than I must say that I wouldn't buy it considering it's made mostly in Mexico. No thank you.