General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

A Del Sol...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 PM

That wire harness goes to the cigarette lighter and the ashtray light. That's all it is for.

If you want a new one it is relatively cheap and simple to do.

39628-S04-305
is the harness part number (comes with the bulb too for the ashtray light... it twists into a plastic spot on inside of the console)

39600-SW3-505
is the part number for the cigarette lighter, which the harness hooks to (i'm not sure if you are also missing the cigarette lighter)

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_p...onGroupID=7178

And those aren't firecrackers, they are butt connectors (lol, i know)

Old 08-03-2010, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

OH MAN THANKS A LOT TRUST!

i was also reading that del sol's come with the wiring for vtec?
i did notice 2 cables with separate connection just laying around next to the ECU. im thinking thats wat those are? but it should still pass smog, right? even with the wrong ecu.

and also i noticed that the dome light doesnt work. but the bulb doesnt seem burned out. maybe its just a blown fuse not sure.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:02 PM

I've read that too but I don't know how true it is.

The two cables next to the ECU... do they have harness plugs? If so, they are probably just the service connectors. I don't know what the other does, but one of them is the harness that you put a jumper across to check your CEL.

Check the dome light fuse and if that doesn't change anything, check the door switches. The dome light is grounded through the switches in the door jambs. When the door opens, the switch expands outwards (via a spring) and a contact on the switch makes contact with the body of the car, thus grounding (and completing) the circuit.

However, if it doesn't work via the manual switch either (which is grounded like a regular switch), then the grounding probably isn't the problem.

Are you sure the switch is not in the off position?

Old 08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
HCF Member

Yeah thats what i thought one of the harness plugs where for. but not sure about the other. i will take some pics of both of them tomorrow tho.

Yeah im guessing its the fuse too. but i didnt find the cover for the little door that shows what each fuse is for. untill i started cleaning the trunk, thats where the clear thing was...
yeah i tried it in the middle with the door open and also in the ON position, and still got no light.

i also noticed that the two round lights up front on the bumper do not turn on... lol

sorry for all the questions...

Old 08-03-2010, 11:25 PM

Questions are fine. I am glad to have some del Sol questions for once.

About the harness plugs... I have two also, I just meant I don't know what purpose the other one is. I just know that it doesn't actually plug into anything on the actual car. There is supposed to be a little green rubber piece that the two harness plugs slide into when not being used for diagnostic purposes.

This should help you with the fuses:
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1966666

And the two bumper lights are called "AUX lights" (AUX=auxiliary). They are also sometimes referred to as foglights. They have a fuse, labeled in the fuse diagram (fuse 11). Check it. If the fuse is fine, check the bulbs. If all still checks out but it's still not working, the next thing to check would be the switch (far left switch, above gauge cluster). Also, do you have the switch on? (they will only work if the switch is on and the low beams are on).

Also, if you are interested, there is a simple wiring trick to make it so you can use the AUX lights also with your parking lights or high beams (since the stock wiring configuration only lets the AUX lights work with low beams)

Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Chubby Chaser

theres a dude parting a del sol out on my craigslist, just wanted to let ya know.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

So my radiator fan is always running... im guessing they bypassed the sensor or something. can you guys help me figure out what i need to do to get it running normal? lol it would suck being at the Drive-inn and having to listen to the fan spinning the whole movie...haha.

one of the wires coming directly from the fan is grounded to the frame, and the other is hooked up here..:
Name:  Photo0976.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  67.9 KB
any ideas why they would do that...?