General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

ewie srs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: ewie srs?

no im gonna try it today.
where did you drill the hole at in your fire wall?
and how did you run it through your carpet?

Old 01-15-2008, 01:31 PM

i drilled the hole in the firewall under the dash, but on the upper part of the passenger's foot space... more towards the center console than the door. If you look under the hood there will be an area behind the transmission on the firewall where there will be alot of empty firewall space. Make sure you don't drill into anything though besides the firewall. I ran it under my carpet, not through it. I ran it along the edge of the flat part of the floor.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:21 AM
HCF Member

:P o so the wire isnt under your car?

do you have a picture of what your saying

Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 PM

i don't have a picture of it. The firewall is the metal wall behind your engine that is parallel to your dashboard. I ran the wire from the battery, then drilled a hole in the firewall that goes into the inside of the car. This hole is underneath the carpet. So I pulled up the carpet to do this, then ran that wire underneath the carpet, but still inside the car, along the edge of the floor. Then in the back it goesunderneath interior trim (plastic pieces) next to the back seat, and into the trunk, where it is wired to my amp. I did the same thing for the other side of the car, but from the CD player to the amp. There is no drilling involved in anythingother than when runningthe 12V power wire. To run the other wires (RCA, REM) they are underneath the carpet from the CD player center console to the edge of the floor (still inside the car) and then ran to the amp the same way as the power cable (underneath the carpet, at the edge of the floor, then behind the interior trim next to the backseat, and into the trunk)

You CAN run the wire underneath the car but it's not really a great idea. The wire will get worn down from weather and stuff in the road, and rocks, over time. Not to mention the heat of stuff under the car can melt the wire if it's touching it. I extremely recommend not running the wire this way - it can get damaged.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

I dunno which year your car is but it looks like a 6th gen. There is a recall on 98's for improper airbag assembly on the passenger side. Maybe also on other years.

1998 HONDA CIVIC -- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The front passenger air bag modules have been improperly assembled. The cloth flaps covering the folded air bag may have been tucked in too far.
This condition could prevent proper deployment of the air bag. In a crash, an improper air bag deployment could increase the risk of injury to a front seat passenger.
Dealers will repair the front passenger's air bag module to prevent this problem from occurring.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/C.../recalls.shtml