General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

finally getting my car back i hope *fingers crossed*

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:16 PM
HCF Member
Default finally getting my car back i hope *fingers crossed*

some of you may remember that just over a month ago some thieves attempted to steal my car to no avail thanks to a kill switch. well the car went to the shop to get fixed the same day and should have been there for a week and a bit.... at most. well its been over a month and i'm still driving a p.o.s. rental that my insurance company is no longer paying for but now the bodyshop is paying for since they still have my car. apparently they had to replace my steering column because it was bent and after everything was said and done the car would not start. finally this week the bodyshop sent it to a different shop to have a mechanic look at it. as it turns out the bodyshop fried the electrical system and now the mechanic shopis replacing everything that was fried. i have a friend who runs a parts store so hes been calling the mechanic to give me the updates that i've been recieving about the electrical problems. he says the car will be ready this afternoon so i will prolly be able to pick it up tonight or in the morning. what really gets me is that my car ran perfectly before all this and now i'm worried that its gonna run like shiiit and now i'm always gonna be worried about the electrical system and will probably go pick up a fire extinguisher to keep in my car, lol. anyway thats my rant.... i really really really want my car back. oh ya and about a week ago my new halo projectors came in the mail and i'm hoping i have a car to put them on soon.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: finally getting my car back i hope *fingers crossed*

I bet your gonna take your car for a nice cruise as soon as you get it back. Thats the way i am, after a vacation i come back running to my car lol

Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

Hope you car works out well, i would hate to see you have problems after this.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

i spoke with the shop and the fuse box they were waiting for hasnt shown up yet so they will put it in tomorrow when they get it and it should be ready for pick up. and yes i will go for a long cruise unfortunately without a stereo. my insurance guy said to call him when i get my car back and we'll work on getting me some new stuff. they owe me a deck, amp and sub w/box. i was thinking of upgrading to a indash dvd player but not sure if i should bother. any suggestion?

Old 07-19-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member

ive actually been looking at the indash dvd players too, and they have gone down in price a lot, so im gonna wait just a little more and im gonna buy one for my car

Old 07-19-2007, 06:46 PM

i say instead of a nice in dash dvd player, get a freakin nice alarm . come on man do you like buying **** so thieves could juststeal em out of your car? get an alarm then buy the in-dash dvd.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

i have an installer waiting to put my 2way compustar in. just havent been able to cuz i havent had my car. when my car was broken into i already had an appointment to have it installed but had to cancel for the obvious reason. so ya its the first thing on my list above all others.