General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

free way construction bumps!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:45 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: free way construction bumps!

actually my car is not that low, i still have a 2 finger gap all around. I was thinking about getting coil overs within the next few months and going down to 1 finger to get rid of that ugly wheel gap (im on 17 inch low profile tires). Before it was fine, but I'm just complaining about these new bumps they paved into the freeway as guide points because they are doing some heavy construction... I'm just curious to know how some slammed cars can do it, but i can't. or maybe they don't mind hearing the slamming noise between road and their car?

Old 10-02-2007, 09:59 AM

if i were you i would be very careful doin this if you keep doing it because i drive my car everyday and im tucking 16s i can barelty turn (but it looks sweet thats the onlyreason i keep it this low) i have had multiple problems being this low i have cracked my oil pan tore my front bumper off broke my tow hooks in the front and gotten stuck quite a few timesi mean im not tellin you wat to do but this is just my opinion to keep the car safe

Old 10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

now that is low! ya tow hooks are what im talking about
thanks for the term

Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 PM

hey man no problem any thing to help the fellow civic enthusiasts its not that i know everything about these cars i just know about tearing pretty much anything up on them that is possible but i guess thats not a good thing

Old 10-04-2007, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

ya id raise it back up too. they are pretty low stock anyways. i dont how any of you guys drive with em lowered at all!! i have to be careful on the roads out here and mine is stock!!

bugernuds... let us know how things go for you. im glad you only damaged the hooks tho..

Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

ive been going on surface streets every morning to school and its a pain, i gotta wake up 40 minutes earlier but at least my car won't be going through that. The plastic thing that protects the engine is slightly loose but not a big deal. the tow hooks rae pretty worn but no big deal. I've been checking under the car every time i park or whatever, no fluids seems to be leaking, so all is good for now. I've called Cal Trans, I've called Sacramento and all they do is put me on hold or don't get back to my messages. I just want to know a time table....

Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

ahh man thats terrible!! those jerks. and its prolly gonna be a long time before the road is better considering cal trans moves at a snail's pace.

is there another car you can drive in the meantime?