General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

help about civic 01 radio reception

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Default help about civic 01 radio reception

Hey guys, just bought a used 2001 civic lx. I was wondering if you can help me out with my radio. The previous owner had an old kenwood installed (cd player doesn't work). Iam going tobuya cheap cd player to replace it. I notice that theradio receptionis horrible on AM and FM. I realize that instead of an antenna, it has those line things in the back. She also tinted her back windows (thus covering the "lines"). I was wondering if the tint causes the bad radio reception. My friend also had a 2001 civic and her radio reception (from stock cd player) sucked too (her back window wasn't tinted). Is the bad radioreception just a result of bad manufacturing? I am a novice to this whole civic thing. I listen to talk radio on AM during my drive to work while I'm stuck in Los Angeles traffic, so I'm really disappointed with the nonexistant radio reception. I know that buying a new cd player won't improve the radio reception. I'm going to take the back window tint out. But I doubt that that was the problem. Any help would be extremely appreciated. My hour drive each day would be much more enjoyable. Thanks.