General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Hi Beam question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hi Beam question

so does anyone have an idea where i might find that sort of info online... i have googled it and have been searching for like 2 days now and havent found a thing

Old 02-20-2006, 09:29 PM
HCF Member

bump for helpful tech info... i will do a DIY if anyone can point me in the right direction... and don't say google it

Old 02-20-2006, 09:31 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, you def can. I'll draw up a diagram.

I wouldn't really do this unless you have projectors, that way you won't have to cut any stock wires, you can just cut up the wires that come with the projector. Heat could also be an issue in the double fillament bulbs.

Alright, here's a diagram and links to parts:

Relay

Harness (optional)

Fuse holder

20A fuse... any one will do.

All this should be doubled for both sides.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5226/1EDE128F1FA14AB4B47EE6154FB1C0ED.jpg[/IMG]

This circuit will let the power go from the low beam wire to the low beam when the high beam is off. When the high beam comes on, it turns the high beam on and then switches the low beam power from the low beam wire to the positive from the battery. Should be just what you're looking for.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:22 PM
HCF Member

ahhh ****... i was wanting to do this to avoid buying projectors.... damn... looks more complex then i first thoguht too... i may have to rethink my original plan.....but if i get projectors then i will do this too... thank you though Adam. i shall use this when i do get the projectors cause i can't think of any other ways to have this done[:'(].

Old 02-20-2006, 10:34 PM
HCF Member

WAIT!!! i think i have got it!!!!!!!! in theory if i took a wiring assembly from a set of projectors and somehow wired it and modified it so that tow seperate bulbs(high and low beam) could fit in the factory housing... then i could get both high and low...... but damn that sounds like a lot of work..... and a lot of wires... i hate messing with electrical stuff[&:]... but in theory it should work.....

Old 02-20-2006, 11:22 PM
HCF Member

Don't do that. Don't even try it. It'll trow the whole thing off. The bulbs are in a very precise location.

This would be a VERY sweet mod with projectors though.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

well i ahve decided to say "to hell with the $$$ i am getting the TYC's", and then i am going to try what you have here. when i do i am going to borrorw a friends digital camera and do a DIY for it too... but i don't think it will be for at least another month, cause i am still waiting to get my T4 from work so i can do my taxes.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

damnit.. now i am back on the fence about the TYC projectors... i have found these headlights also made by TYC... hhhhmm well if i do get the Projectors then i will do the DIY... damn this is probably the most difficult decision i have ever had when it came to my car...[:@]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6733/4F7C4D0A278D4902B0EF3039C0723848.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-21-2006, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Fiirkan

damnit.. now i am back on the fence about the TYC projectors... i have found these headlights also made by TYC... hhhhmm well if i do get the Projectors then i will do the DIY... damn this is probably the most difficult decision i have ever had when it came to my car...[:@]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6733/4F7C4D0A278D4902B0EF3039C0723848.jpg[/IMG]
Those ones have seperate high and low beams don't they? My "headlight mod" will work on any lights with seperate high and low beams, projectors or not.

With the wiring of the lights and the wiring from the relay harness you can do a really neat job, and get some conduit and make it look like it's factory. The relay themselves can actually be screwed to some metal piece to look like a factory mounted item. I wish I was looking for projectors or I'd def do this and do a factory looking DIY. Just take your time and I'm sure you can make it look really good.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

the whole reason i was originally planning on getting projectors was so that i could have both high and low beams on at the same time... now that i know that they don't do that(i think) now i am not so sure if that is what i want[:'(] i love the look of them, but at the same time i love the look of the JDM lights too... man i must be driving you guys nuts with this crap... but remember this is the first car that i am "modding" besides a SRI in my old corolla. and i don't have money comming out the yingyang for modds to so i want to be sure that this is what i want... i agree amg that your "headlight mod" will be really cool.

so while typing this i have devised a plan, i am going to get the OEM fog lights (like the ones that C5spoonEG just got for his car) and then make the final decision if i am going to get projectors, and if the final outcome is projectors then i will do you mod amg

i will try and get a pic tomorrow of my headlights so that you will know why i originally wanted this"headlight mod"....