General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

An Honest Question: What is the point of modding a Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: An Honest Question: What is the point of modding a Civic?

Obviously when you start with more power the end potential will always be more. But with more starting power comes more starting money, lol.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

I know for me I just wanted something that could get really good MPG. Also I wanted something that would be fun to drive in town. Something that will do 0-60 in 4 seconds but only in a straight line is not all that fun on a city street. But something that can turn a 90 degree turn on a city street and pin you into the door is. LOL

Old 08-09-2007, 05:55 PM

I want people to take notice. Whether you love my car or hate it, it'll turn your head and make you talk about it

Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

I-4, V6, V8, who cares what's under the hood? Your car is your car - and people that mod their cars simply will not stand for a 'carbon copy of the next guy's ride' to get them around. Cars to me are like a blank canvas - and it's just another way to express yourself. 'Cool' is in the eye of the beholder - and everybody has different preferences.

My Civic is also an experiment in economy, meaning I want to have the cheapest possible transportation for commuting. That doesn't mean I have to settle for a 'plain vanilla toad' though.

It's also easier to pick out your junk in a parking lot of mediocrity.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:11 PM
HCF Member

i wanted a car i could modify and would be good on gas, and black cars are always sick, so a black Civic coupe is great

now that i think back, there was a red EX that was for sale but i took the DX cuz it was black [:@]if i only knew what i know now.....haha

Old 08-09-2007, 06:44 PM

Heck, I just tradded in a 2007 Acura TL Type-S 3.5 with mods. It had at least 290 hp and would do 0-60 in 5.5 easy. I just wanted a play car with a stick that I could really rev out and get good mpg at the same time. I never hated Civics when I had my TL-S. Many of my friends have Civic's and Accords. I am just downgrading for a year or so while I pay off MEGA credit card debt. I had an auto TL-S and wanted a stick, and I was considering getting an 07 TL-S 6 speed, but Acura is totally redesigning the TL for 09. Maybe then I will get another. Cars are fun, and modding IS A HOBBY. I always get borred with whatever car I own, so modding keeps me interested. Just MY 2 cents.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

this is silly, I dont mod my car for anyone but me. I dont give a **** if I can or cant beat a V8 trash box, I am building a turbo Z6 so my car is more fun for me to drive, not so it can beat the next guy.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

here is the reason i have a 2000 civic si!!!!! because when i roll down the streets i could care less who is driving the mustang or who is driving the camaro. i usually never even look at them because i don't care about american cars in that way. but when i am rolling down the road whether it be to the friday and saturday night illegals or just going to get a gallon of milk... when i am coming up on another civic or an integra or some other 4 cylinder car (sometimes 6's as well) i wanna show that i am faster and my car is better. its like honda owners are in there own little world when it comes to there pride and joy. i know i am and i love every minute when i am behind the wheel. (sorry for the long *** reply but hey thats how i feel)

Old 08-10-2007, 05:16 AM

^ civic Rivalry. my thought is u can make civic really fast and stil get 30-40 mpg. while on those big fast car u barly can get 20mph. also civic is an Economicalit was never meant to race those big v6 v8 cars. it was meant on the sole purpose of building an car tht affordable,get good mpg, and long lasting. my opinion is if u want a fast car buy one if u want an reliable car buy one, if u want a SUV buy one. we all have different Intension.
Most of us went throught the ricer stage i think 80% of us did. and as u get older u realize tht a civic will alway be a civic and nothing else.and hopefully u will grow out of the ricer stage tht way as u get older u see people selling there civic to get another car thts more pratical for there use by tht i mean if u have a wife and child ur mostly like goin to get an SUV,Vanor a bigger car .

Old 08-10-2007, 06:00 AM

with me, alot of why i plan to mod my new civic is to increase the "fun factor." just because a car has a bigger engine, or handles better, doesn't nessicarily mean that it's more fun to drive.

take the old late 80's ford pickup i drove before getting my civic, for example. no a/c, no frills, just 4 on the floor, and an old engine that'd lost none of it's torque. it may have been an old "beater" tuck, but it was a blast to drive. i'll be looking to recapture that sort of "fun factor" when i start doing performance mods in a few years. (for now i'm just doing appearence-related stuff.)

Quick Reply: An Honest Question: What is the point of modding a Civic?