General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How do you remove a dashboard!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Default How do you remove a dashboard!!!

i've pretty much took out everything from the headliner to the carpet an plastic trimming... has anyone tookin off there dashboard to know step by step screw by screw disassembly!!!! any body!!!???

Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: How do you remove a dashboard!!!

You might be interested in information provided by danomatic93 here:

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_417769/tm.htm

Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 PM
June 2010 ROTM

yep, let me know if you have any wtf questions.

but, other than wiring here are the things to remove to remove the dashboard for 92-95 civic

radio
climate control unit
gauge cluster trim and gauges
steering wheel and cover
glove box
top dash vent
lower dash/center console piece (the part with ash tray, coin tray, and lighter)
driver's side kick panel
reinforcement beam behind kick panel
steering column screws, don't remove column, just lower it

Screws...
1 on each side. Open each door and look at the side of the dash, pop of the plastic cover to find screw

1 screw under top dash vent

? screw(s) behind lower dash piece

? screw(s) behind kick panel

? screw(s) behind glove box

Also, as a tip, if you have removed all that stuff and it won't come out, pull/wiggle and see where it's being held on by. Pin point the spot and then find the screw!

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:03 PM
June 2010 ROTM

This might help too:
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_452077/tm.htm

That's from when I pulled my dash off this summer.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:49 PM

after all this mightest well do my studys in car installation and deconstruction!!! thanks man you kick ***!!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:34 PM
HCF Member

How do you remove a dashboard!!!
Shouldn't this be in the form of a question? lol

Old 12-11-2007, 03:02 PM
HCF Member

People definately need to learn to use the search function. I've posted the service manual page on it, at least for the 96-00 civic's countless times. Here's the latest thread where I posted it: https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_52.../tm.htm#523249

Old 12-13-2007, 12:46 PM

ive took my dash off my 94 sedan and there were 6 or 7 main bolts holding the dash to the car

first i took the centre console off (ash tray and small storage bit) 2 screws in the top and one either side at the bottom

then i took the glove box off there are two screws under it on the hinges (i left it closed when undoing the screws and then opened it when the screws have been removed)

then open the front doors and look at the side of the dash there is a cover on both sides pop them off with a flat bladed screwdriver

then pop the vent off that is in the middle of the dash right in front of the windscreen becarefull i broke mine. i think it pops off from the back of the vent (nearest to the screen)

then remove the steering wheel (it is much easier if you centre the wheel so you get it in the right place when refitting)if standard push in a flat bladed screwdriver next to the honda logo this will pop out, then you will need a 22mm socket (i think, its been a while) use the steering lock to help undo it, just pull at the steering wheel when undone some times it can be stiff.

i took the steering rack surround off dont know if i had too but i did it anyway as i was painting mine. there are 3 or 4 screws under it. undo them, then push the steering height adjustment arm down, the two surround parts come appart but there are clips becarefull i just pulled mine hard it came apart with no damage.

next take off the cover under the steering ( got the fuse box cover attached to it) i think there are 5 screws on this part 3 at the top and 2 at the bottom then just pull it off

next its the heater control, go under the dash if your english like me go in the passenger side in the right side of the foot well try to find the heater matrix linkage i did this but moving the heater control to hot the cold to find which part moves then there is a clip that holds the cable to the matrix (just push the cable out) then the cable should just slide off the linkage rod

this is part one i will put the rest on after i look in the car to see if i can remember what i did next.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:16 PM

right part two

undoing the bolts they are all 10mm

there is one under that middle vent you removed you will need a 10mm socket and a long extension bar becarefull dont hit the screen

there is one in either side of the dash under the covers that you removed

there is one where the centre console used to be at the bottom facing the gear stick

there is also one in the brace behind the glovebox its the 10mm one

there are another two, little bit harder to find

both just above the kick panel one either side of the car directly behind the front of the dash (at the bottom)these are also 10mm

next its all electrical connectors i cant remember which but there is an easy way to find out

you must remove the ariel connector to the radio, pull it out of the back of the radio.

the dash should pull out a bit then you should be able to see which connectors need disconnecting.

the only one i can remember is behind the centre console there is a connector that goes into a motor (controls the air flow direction of the blowers i think)

to put back in do the opposite just remember to connect the connectors first or you will struggle

hope this helps someone