General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How to make my car stand out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 01:38 PM
HCF Member
Default How to make my car stand out?

I have a 02 civic and I am getting my license soon..I want to make my car stand out in school. What can I do? I don't have much money to spend either..Please give some ideas thanks

Old 02-21-2011, 03:20 PM
HCF Member

Gotta pay to play. Modify your car for you, not for other people.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 PM
HCF Member

small things could be stickers on windows, fancier carseat covers, small body paint artworks.

I agree with Lewy, should mod for your enjoyment not just for the sake of modding. try not to do something stupid that'll regret later, like put down thousands for spinning rims, lol

Old 02-21-2011, 04:41 PM

I agree with adding a few funny stickers on the back windshield.

Otherwise, save up and lower it.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:42 AM
HCF Member

Three letters....L.E.D.

Get lots of them for everything.
if you want attention & want a different look from everyone else get those.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:17 AM

^uh... no?

Stay away from the "stick on" section in Autozone. Find cheap rims off Craigslist. Buy knockoff ebay stuff as long as it looks clean and fits mostly ok. Don't get a body kit.

Tint your windows.

Black housing headlights.

Type R style grille.

Clean. Smart. Anti-rice. Next-level thinking.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Mecca8383
Three letters....L.E.D.

Get lots of them for everything.
if you want attention & want a different look from everyone else get those.
stay away from stupid exterior modifications. if you want to stand out, get some rims and do some suspension work to slam that beast to the ground. it'll look good, and handle great.

besides, in missouri you will get your *** pulled over for having stupid LEDs on your car. so unless you wanna pay for tickets, then I'd stay away from that stupid ricey bull****.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

buy a huge aluminum wing, 6 inch exhaust tip, and chrome altezza lights. Easily 300-400 more horsepower that way. oh and flame vinyls!!

Old 03-02-2011, 02:40 PM
HCF Member

i vote leds just saying. no matter what you do in highschool you will get made fun of for it, trust me. if its actually a nice car and you get it lowered and nice mods to it everyone will talk about how your a douche bag behind your back. or if you rice it out like crazy everyone will say it to your face. trust me. ive seen people with 350z's and civics that just get trash talked all day behind there back, and people with rusted 92 civic's that have huge exhaust tips and spoilers that get trash talked. my suggestion for highschool is look into leds. noting to stand out ish. i have an underglow kit and ive never really taken **** for having it. i took my van to football games and if we won i would just blast music and drive around with blue underglow (school colors are blue and silver). you get lots of looks and the cops at my school didnt even care, they would laugh and wave. also if your good with electronics you can do some work and make dome lights and lights for under your dash. also for highschoolers, sub woofers and sound systems are nice. everyone likes music right.

all in all make it your own, dont copy anyone and my personal view is if you dont do it yourself its not yours. which means learn your car, do your own installs, dont take it to a shop to have them bolt on an intake or wire an amp. dont be spoiled or too show offish. just let the haters hate and drive with the petal to the floor.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:31 PM
gwl
HCF Member

Keep it super clean and stock and maybe some wheels and tint. I have a 97 Hatch (commuter car) that is stock and it gets a bunch of looks.