General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How many of you have had speeding tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How many of you have had speeding tickets?

53 in a 40....it was like 5 months after i got my licence but I got off going to a 2 hour class for 20 bux and no points on my licence and didnt have to pay the 253 dollar fee because im under the age of 18...

i dont speed anymore.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:37 PM

No speeding tickets here. I was pulled over once for speeding when I had my Civic. 42 in a 30. I had never been stoped in my home town, ever. Lived there for 20 years at that time. He said since he didn't know me, a good thing for that town and that he liked my car, I was just getting a verbal warning. It was funny though.. He was straight in front of me as I was going. How I missed him I'll never know... When he came up to my window, he said, You know why I stoped you, right? I just laughed and said yes. He was laughing at me about not seeing him.
He was cool. I told him I was not going 42, maybe 39, but not 42.. He said his radar is just about right on, and that my speedometer isn't calibrated, as his radar gun is. He told me if it was, I would have a sticker in my dash saying so. I asked him, well, does your car have that little sticker?
He just laughed and said well of course it does. I asked him, Doesn't Honda calibrate the speedo before sending the car off? He said, yes, but, that isn't always right, and that proves my point with my radar. I just laughed it off... This was all said before he went back to his car. He told me to sit tight he'd be right back. 10 minutes later, he comes back and said all that about not knowing me and liking my (Stock 98 Civic DX 5spd LOL) and what he was doing for me.. Just before he walked away, he asked how I got my car to 42 in such a short part of road. I don't think I need to explain it to you guys, if you have driven a manual..

Old 11-23-2007, 04:38 PM
HCF Member

I've gotten several speeding tickets over the years, but never anything like a DUI or reckless driving. Police have also stopped me for speeding several times, and let me go, or just given me a warning. I speed many times when no copstops me, as over 99% of the otherpeople I've witnessed on the roadsdo, so I accept minor tickets as a fact of life, and just go to court to pay the minimal fines. Sometimes the judge lets me off easy, or lets me off on atechnicality. The one ticket I had a problem with was being fined $300 for going left of center over a double-yellow with no on-coming traffic...to avoid driving my lifted Jeep over a police car that swung around a slowing taxiinto my lane with no signal. The cop was driving recklessly, and cited me for the actions I took to avoid potentially killing him and damaging city property. I was pissed when the judge convicted me, after the cop admitted that he swung into my lane, without warning, as I came alongside at the speed limit. His excuse was that he was responding to a call, sans lights and sirens, yet he somehow had time to stop and cite me while reading me the riot act. Emergency vehicles are supposed to be driven responsibly at all times, ESPECIALLY when responding to a call "in stealth mode". If he was in such a hurry to respond that he had to speed from the red light were both previously stopped at, and recklessly change lanes without looking/yielding/signalling, how did he justify taking the time to stop me and act like a hard-*** for 15 minutes? Histestimony about being on a callwas BS...and perjury.I should have gotten a lawyer to subpoenathe police records to call him on his BS. The cop couldn't even show up for court on time. Cops like that give the good ones abad image in the eyes of the public.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

I been driving for over 6 yrs and NO speeding tickets yet. I got a ticket for loud system. This happened about 4 1/2 yrs ago. WellI was driving my girl friend to High School I dropped her off and I was bumping a Snoop Dogg song really loudwhen I saw thepolice officer ahead i turned my system down right away once i passed him I got out off the driveway driving his motorcycle and he was black and he still nailed me I guess he didn't like Snoop Dogg cuz I wasn't black... Stupid ticket cost me $150 bucks..I gotten fix it tickets for my headlights and stupid crap.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:17 PM
HCF Member

lets not make it race oriented. please.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:26 AM

I've only gotten a warning, for going 44 in a 30 at midnight in a neighborhood. Phft.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:39 AM

No tickets here

Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 AM

Yea I have several speeding tickets but the worst was going 110 in a 35. Didn't get arrested but had to pay $300 ticket and got 3 months probation.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:24 AM
HCF Member

i got a few back when i got outa high school, but none soo far....knock on wood...lol

Old 11-25-2007, 10:07 AM

I've been pulled over twice for speeding. Both were warnings [8D]

Quick Reply: How many of you have had speeding tickets?