General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How many of you have had speeding tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: How many of you have had speeding tickets?

ORIGINAL: Great_Big_Abyss

Apart from a few photo radar tickets (which don't count since they don't go against my liscence) I've only ever had one cop ticket.

Last summer in my Hyundai Accent I was doing 135 in a 100 zone on the trans canada highway. Kinda stupid really. I didn't even know that car could go that fast.
wtf you have a 100 mph zone!? im moving to canada!

Old 11-26-2007, 12:01 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: EWilliams2000Excoupe

I've been pulled over twice for speeding. Both were warnings [8D]
If we're talking about warnings here... I've lost track.

I've got one speeding ticket which was actually something like "failure to obey speed limit".

P.S. NEVER PASS A COP ON THE HIGHWAY.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Cyphen

Apart from a few photo radar tickets (which don't count since they don't go against my liscence) I've only ever had one cop ticket.

Last summer in my Hyundai Accent I was doing 135 in a 100 zone on the trans canada highway. Kinda stupid really. I didn't even know that car could go that fast.
Um, no. Here in Canada, we're in line with the rest of the world, so we have the metric system. Therefore, when I said I was doing 100, I meant 100 kilometers per hour. That's only about 60mph. You americans have a way faster interstate system than our highway system. And I don't think theres ANY way a stock 1.5L accent with 92 HP would ever go 135 mph.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 AM

I've passed cops lots of times on the highway, and havent gotten stopped. The key to it is making sure you're only doing a few kph more than the cop, and as long as the cop is relatively close to the speed limit, you should be okay.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:17 AM
HCF Member

yea ive had 3 tickets...first was a reckless 68/35 then exactly a week later for not stopping at a stop sign, my most recent came in Nov 06 for yet another reckless but it was B/S because i was goin down a hill in an area that turns from 35 to 25mph where the sign is on the right with no street light and its a merging lane to the left along with cars parked where the sign was. cop said i was going 45 but never asked to see the radar (dumb decision on my part). first ticket was around $600 second was aroun $100 and the third was around $150 only because i got a LAWYER....my advice if its your first ticket GET A LAWYER, its the best way to go, my lawyer said if i would have gotten a lawyer the first time i would have gotten the charges dropped ...so get one trust me!

now i have -6 points on my license, definitly not worth the rush [:@]

Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Cyphen

Wow.
Thats funny, i actually dont agree with the metrc system, im stuck in the old age.

Ive gotten pulled over many times, never actually gotten a ticket though (knock on wood) Once for speeding, had the lights flashed at me when i was doing 185 in a 110 zone, but earlier i passed a cop going the other way on the highway ( canada). This was when i was checking out my top speed, I managed over 140 MPH and he never bothered, lol.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 PM

I'v had some where around 10. Most I was speeding, 2 of them I was not speeding. Both went to court but I lost. I'v even had a speeding ticket on my mountain bike. Lol

Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

Between the ages of 18 and 20 I was stupid behind the wheel....thats all I need to say[8D]....as of right now there is nothing current on my record....things get wiped off after 3 years I believe...so mine is clean at this point.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

i had a bunch when i was younger, including an excessive speeding which cost me over $300. i hadnt gotten a ticket in over five years. i know this cuz my drivers abstract only shows the past five years, it took forever to get it clear....buuuut i got a $140 ticket just last week! frick man!

Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Snail'n Admin

I got one a year ago...doing 42 in a 25 because i was late for work. Cost me $150 and four points. I accept that i messed up and i pay the consequences. No use getting angry or anything for something you did.

Quick Reply: How many of you have had speeding tickets?