General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I got my hatch!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Default RE: I got my hatch!!

mmm nice car man.. i'm looking at an '00 civic hatch.
its silver
5 speed
all stock
116k on it

real nice little car, i'm i love with it and its not even mine lol.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: TicKeR_96_HaTcH

What year is your car btw? You got a D16y7 SOHC Non VTEC engine with 106HP. I never had trouble installing my deck but if you've never done it before maybe just get a buddy to help you out or look for a DIY on installing a CD deck into an EK civic.

TiCkEr
its a 98. Did you mean DX or is the EK and DX install the same?

Old 06-09-2006, 12:23 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: MccM

I went and got it today. I just have a few questions. Is it common that the stock cd player wont play burnt cd's? Also, how hard is it to install an after market deck? I found a explode 6 disk changer under the front passenger seat but it dosnt have the cd holding box thing. Also, what engine do i have? Its a dx. Ill try to get some pics up soon.
[/q

Yea stock CD players sometimes don't play burnt cd's. I would recommend getting a new deck, with Ipod funtions, then upgradiong your speakers. After that, buy a 4 channel amp so you can get the full performance from your speakers. Then, if you wanna add some bass, add some subs with a mono amp. And for the sony cd changer, trash it. If you get a deck with Ipod funtions, you'll never need it. And some advice, stay away from sony and jenson car audio. Sony has a good name, but in the car audio in the car audio world, its junk.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: MccM

I went and got it today. I just have a few questions. Is it common that the stock cd player wont play burnt cd's? Also, how hard is it to install an after market deck? I found a explode 6 disk changer under the front passenger seat but it dosnt have the cd holding box thing. Also, what engine do i have? Its a dx. Ill try to get some pics up soon.

no its not uncommon i have a 98 dx with the stock cd player and it takes about 30-50 seconds to skip to another song depening how many songs your skipping to.. if u get me

Old 06-13-2006, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: MccM

Well after searching and searching i finally found and purchased my first car. Im picking it up tomorrow so ill make sure to post more pics. We ended up getting it for 4700.

Price $5,950
Body Style Hatchback
Mileage 152,077
Exterior Color Black
Interior Color Grey
Engine 4 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission Automatic
Drive Type 2 wheel drive - front
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Two Door

i picked up my hatchback for 4600 withi 71,000 miles on it and its great..