General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

at last i've found a civic

Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
HCF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by boiler1
Wow, those are some bold assumptions for an introduction thread.

I would argue that a warranty is needed more on an old car rather than a new one.
Your exactly right in my opinion. First off if I'm looking for a replacement Honda where better to go to find out what is the going prices. What are the best years or options than right HERE. A warranty on a car you paid a premium price for is a waste IMHO. On a EXCELLENT CONDITION Honda what could go wrong. Everything should of been done.
What pisses me off about this is I get so tried of DEALERS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. Here is a good example. The reason they can do it is because people don't research they buy on impulse & these dealers make millions on these people.
Then you say something to them & they get offended by the truth.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by boiler1
Since you mentioned you're new to hondas, make sure your timing belt has been changed, its due and it'd suck if it broke.
yes the belt has been changed at 78k along with a water pump it so happens the last owner bought the car at the dealer where i got it and i saw all his service records he never missed an oil change also even had a tranny service. as far as the warrenty better safe than sorry, new brakes.tires and ran great. there's no wat anyone can get all that for under 6k like stated here. and the body looks perfet.