General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Looking for some info...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Default Looking for some info...

Hey guys, Im new to HCF and civics in general. I'm thinking of getting another car for fuel economy and to be able to drive a manual again. I'm looking for some newb info, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Purely based on looks I'm think about a 6th gen right now, but im not set in stone. First off, what kind of fuel economy do you get? How reliable are they once they start getting to high miles? Anything specific to look out for if buying a 6th gen? Any other generation strongly recommended?

Whats a good price to pay for a 6th gen?

Next, how well do they respond to mods? What kind of gains can be had with I/H/E?

I'm not sure I would want to take it this far but, how much does a base turbo kit cost(ball park estimates)? What kind of 1/4 mile range can be expected from a turbo 6th gen?

Also are there any performance part sites that are much better than the rest to start looking for parts?

I know these questions are very generalized and many will tell me to use the search button, but I'm just looking for some good info to start off with. TIA

Old 02-26-2007, 04:11 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Looking for some info...

6th gen is a good choice, they are def my fav. Prices all depend on condition, mileage and model, like most cars. Say a 99 SI with 100,000 books for about 8000, but the DX couple only books for about 5000.

Well taken care of, they will last WELL over 100,000 miles.

There are literally tons of mods for them, and tons of possibilities.
I would say, yes, search the forums for most of you answers, lurk for a bit,
The great thing about Civic's and you can make them as powerfull and luxurious as a 40,000 dollar car for about 1/4 the price, everybody works on them, and they are fairly easy to work on yourself.
Welcome to the forum.