General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Looking for some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Default Looking for some opinions

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum but thought this would be a good place to get some opinions. Any are appreciated!

I bought a 2009 Honda Civic LX sedan a year ago. I absolutely love the car, couldn't be happier. It already has 23,000 miles but it's in great condition otherwise.

A friend from work owns a 2007 Civic EX coupe and is looking to sell it. He just bought a used truck and doesn't want the monthly payments on his car anymore. He's having a hard time due to the economy and cash for clunkers being so recent, so he's willing to accept less than market value rather than wait it out. His car has 25,000 miles, satellite radio with lifetime subscription, a sound system, navigation system, and tinted windows. He also bought the extended warranty when he purchased the car. The KBB value WITHOUT the warranty is ~$15,250. He's willing to sell it for $13,000 (or maybe even a little less).

I'm considering trying to sell mine and buy his 1) because it's such a good deal and 2) because I love my LX, and having the EX with all those extra features would be pretty sweet. The only thing holding me back is that his is a coupe. Is this a no-brainer because it's such a good deal? What would you do?

Thanks!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

Well it sounds like a good deal and a nice car, what you need to do is decide if you want to get rid of your car for this one. Do you want an older car than what you have now?

Old 12-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i would do it, you can sell urs for more than u would be paying for his... so you get all the featurs PLUS money back!

Old 12-15-2009, 02:33 AM
HCF Member

couple things to consider. are you still financing your civic? if so, i'm afraid that you might be owing more to the bank than you can get for selling your civic. so you might need to pay money out of your own pocket to the bank. might not be worth it. if you are not financing then this is not a big deal.

second, its a coupe. do you want the extra room that the sedan has to offer? remember a coupe less room in the back, and people would have to fit by the front seat to get to the back a huge inconvenience if you frequently have passengers in the back seat.

third, if those are the extra features you want, satellite radio, in dash nav system, tinted windows, that you want you can easily get these things installed on your civic