General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My civic squeaks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Default My civic squeaks!

Hey guys! Nice to find people who appreciate the best car in the world! I've had my civic for about four years now and i love it. But just recently it started making a weird screeching/squeaking sound... usually when i reverse... Any idears what it could be??

I wanted to ask for advice before i take it to an auto shop. I've had bad experiences with auto shops in the past so i wanna be more careful this time!

Also for people who live in norcal, does anyone know if Winter Honda's a good place to go to? It's close to my house and I only know what I found from their site, http://winterhonda.autofusion.com/index.html , but I'd rather get some first-hand experiences... I don't trust independent mechanics anymore so I wanted to know if this dealer was trustworthy...

Anyway, yer feedback is much appreciated!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 05:33 PM
HCF Member

cool looks like your from pittsburg, another norcal member. honda dealers are going to rape your money, you'll just need to find a shop and find one that you like, you will just need to keep looking around. unless you don't mind fishing out the extra money to get things fixed.

i'm sure other members on here can give you more info about the problem.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:43 PM

drive belts slipping probably

or do you mean the transmission is really whiny in reverse... if that's the case, it's normal

Old 12-09-2008, 01:42 PM

erf, maybe not the best car in the world, but civic is pretty good for ur money haha

i duno about norcal, I live in san diego woot!

I think i can trust my honda dealer, but then again i got my first NEW car (my civic) only 2 yr ago so I haven't had much experience with them? but then again i've never had any problems with my car yet - cuz it'ss a honda, amirite? I duno, from personal experience i guess i've had an overal positive experience with my honda dealer. I've yet to have my civic break down and destroy my wallet

well this reply probably doesnt help much. heh

Old 12-09-2008, 01:55 PM
HCF Member

yeah, definitely not the greatest cars in the world, probably not even for the money.

to the OP, does the outside temperature or humidity affect the sound? and can you find out what area the sound is coming from (such as the engine bay, the rear, left or right of the car) and how many miles and the condition of the car and of course the model.