General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Need some advice. What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
are you positive the vin# are all the same, and yes i would speak with the dealership you got the car from and show them. what is the date on which this damage occured?
also why not just sell the car locally and not do a trade in, you will get alot more, the trade in's are a rip off, they tell you they will give you 2-3k for the car and they jack the price up on the vehicle your buying so it all evens out,
Yes I checked the vin number many time. It matches.

I have decided to sell the car locally because your right he said he would give me 2 grand for my car.

Reaper, You could be right about the insurance thing. But even if they didn't report it to the insurance company. the frame damage is on there now, and it wasn't when I bought the car back in 06.

Also a buddy of mine told me that if the car still has frame damage, it can not be aligned. Is this true?

I am going to take it up to NTB this coming week and ask them to align the car, and while doing that have them check for frame damage. If it checks out and there is no frame damage, i'm going to have them print me something out saying that there is no problem so I can show people that when I sell it.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Okay, my new theory is that the dealership got it right before you bought it and at the time of them giving you the carfax, the accident hadn't gone through the system yet, and as such, the frame damage wouldn't be listed. Or the dealership just flat-out screwed you. The second one seems more plausible than anything at the moment.

As far as it getting aligned, I don't see why frame damage would make it impossible to do an alignment. My mustang's had the entire front end replaced, and I can guarantee there's at least one suspension component bent on either side of the front of the car, and I had no problem lining it up.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Okay, my new theory is that the dealership got it right before you bought it and at the time of them giving you the carfax, the accident hadn't gone through the system yet, and as such, the frame damage wouldn't be listed. Or the dealership just flat-out screwed you.

You are probably right, either way it still sucks.
I have put a ton of time and money into this car and it is in amazing shape.
I just hope to see it go for a decent amount.

so any way thanks for the help guys, means a lot to me.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:45 PM
HCF Member

dealerships dont care my first car i bought was from a dealership i rear-ended someone going no more than 15 mph and i totaled it the frame bent and snapped i ran a search on the car and it had 16 prior accidents that the dealership must have forgotten to tell me about so always run a check on a car.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by 1995CivicEXBMF
rear-ended someone going no more than 15 mph and i totaled it the frame bent and snapped i ran a search on the car and it had 16 prior accidents that the dealership must have forgotten to tell me about
and your not phat-paid right now why? thats sooo illegal on their part haha

Old 11-25-2009, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by supersize
and your not phat-paid right now why? thats sooo illegal on their part haha
because i technically dont have any proof so i just took it as a lesson learned