General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New car .... :) not a civic tho, but close enough

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New car .... :) not a civic tho, but close enough

Nice looking car. Im pretty sure thats a lookalike full race manifold.......as the real ones are bank breakers.

Old 03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

sounds like a good deal to me...have u test drove it yet?

Old 03-30-2006, 10:19 AM
HCF Member

I brought it home... ohh my god, turbos kick ***.. lol. That car is insane . I'm just waiting for the insurance company to fax over an insurance card with the right date on it. It didnt like the flatbed at all. Had to put a few block under the tires to get it onto the trailer. But as soon as I get the right cards and the arp head bolts in, I'll be good to go. Engine purrs, and that stage 3 is going to take some getting used to.

** edit... well it did run great for the first 80 miles or so... god damn, guess i'm glad i didnt pay what he wanted for it.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:11 PM

nice car..gl with it

Old 04-08-2006, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

I havent been on long enough to give the story ... so here goes, the car wasnt exactly as "pretty" as the picture... There was a little excess bondo... they tried to mold in the body kit and it cracked off... and the body line as well. And it's got the fiberglass slr fenders that dont link up right... along with a shotty spray paint job to try and make it look better. The engine needed a lot more work that he said... he originally told me that new head bolts would make it run perfect... b/c he just re used the old ones. But... I got head studs and had the head ripped off to put them in, apparently it was warped, and there were bolts missing off the cam, valve cover and everything else, and no timing cover, and the supposedly new "cam seals" were basically not there... the head gasket was lined with silicone.. so I ended up paying a grand for the car, which is well worth it for the turbo and everything, and the 700 or soto have the head and everything done (it wont be dont til monday)... and 400 to have it towed home. Yeah... overall, the car is fast as hell, needs a lil body work, but i guess til then it's a sleeper

Old 04-08-2006, 12:46 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

take the kit off and goto a junk yard and put the stock back on....lol then you'll really have a sleeper

ya i cant wait until i get a turbo, ill never wanna go back to a regular engine