General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New Civic misaligned rear suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Default New Civic misaligned rear suspension?

Hi All,

I am looking into buying a new Civic and I came across some drivers comments about factory misaligned rear suspension problem. Here is the quote "A week ago I took my car in for service for a noise and vibration in the rear end. After checking it out the dealer told me I needed to replace the rear tires because they were excessively worn and "choppy". ... ... I've found a few posts online in various places about the same problem with the tires at roughly the same mileage. A few made reference to a misaligned rear suspension. If you look at the car from the back you can clearly see the tires sitting at an angle like this / \. I've looked at all the other civics i've seen since then and all of them have the same angle with the rear tires.".

I am wondering if this statement is true. Can you new Civic owner confirm this? Thank you very much.

P.S. where can I find reviews from more new Civic owners?

Old 03-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Default RE: New Civic misaligned rear suspension?

I've puchased two Civics brand new;one in 2001, and 1 last year. Never had problems like that.

if you ran the carexcessivelybefore rotating the tires, the tiresmay have worntoo match the camber of your rear allignment. + the rubber you get from a dealership is usually middle-of-the-road quality.

I doubt Honda would sell an automobile misaligned--unless it feel off the back of the train on the way to your city...but if you are concerned, I would question the dealerships policy; hopefully they don't modify the camber pitch on the cars they sell. http://www.yokohamatire.com/utmeasures.asp

Old 03-14-2007, 10:01 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Civic misaligned rear suspension?

My 06 civic coupe seems to be fine at 22,000 miles. no excessive tire wear or vibration.
Oh and I did get it up to 101 mph one day and it ran smooth.