General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New User- Looking for Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: New User- Looking for Advice

If title is clean it's a good deal..I own also a 00 Si 99-00 same model..

Great car and power..If test drive it you will love it...

Old 01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

an 01 SI has a k20a3, and K's are a much better platform (alot more aftermarket support, K-pro for tuning, DOHC, etc.),

are you sure they made an 01 Si never seen one before...lol. Si came back on 06+
from wikipedia: 01+ K20A3 RSX Base, Civic Si USDM

idk, i know wikipedia isn't reliable though? also this:http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/01civic_si.htm

Old 01-17-2008, 04:55 AM
HCF Member

I'd look for a '00 EX 5spd. The Si has a more powerful motor for building, but it doesn't quite get the same MPG of the LX/DX/EX. The EX has VTEC, which gives you about 20HP more than the non-VTEC LX. It's MPG is still pretty similar to the lower trims. The EX also tends to have more niceties, like AC, cruise, sunroof, PW, PL, etc.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 AM

hmmm alright...so what is the likely hood of an EX beating an SI in a race? Autocross Drag or otherwise? Would it come to the Driver if the cars are respecfully modded...or could you even do an SI swap in the EX like Ive seen done with WRX engines? Think I'll probably go with an EX just as a start because they are cheaper...think there is any hope of the 8th gen hondas picking up with the 6th gen left off?
as in modding and such since you speak the 7th suck

Old 01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kommando

The Si has a more powerful motor for building, but it doesn't quite get the same MPG of the LX/DX/EX. LX.

The EX also tends to have more niceties, like AC, cruise, sunroof, PW, PL, etc.
Si only wastes a little more gas than an Ex. It's not like you will be wasting like 4 gallons more compare to an EX.........Blah.........

In a race all stock or even with the same mods the Si should handle the Ex very easily.

Si also offersame features like the Ex..The only difference is the Engine and trany and cluster but basically the rest is the same ..O yeah also the seats are different.

The Si you posted the red car..I think it's a great deal..If I wouldn't of have an Si I wouldn't thinks it twice..I would purchase that bitch

Old 01-17-2008, 12:11 PM

If you get that Si, please bust out those altezzas! Worst "upgrade" known to man.

I for one LOVE my 00 Ex. Wish I would've gotten the Si, but oh well. I can always swap a B series in later on down the road.

BTW: Glad to see another Subie fan on here. Depending on how much more money I spend on my bike, I hope to have my STi here in about a year.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Osilith

hmmm alright...so what is the likely hood of an EX beating an SI in a race? Autocross Drag or otherwise? Would it come to the Driver if the cars are respecfully modded...or could you even do an SI swap in the EX like Ive seen done with WRX engines? Think I'll probably go with an EX just as a start because they are cheaper...think there is any hope of the 8th gen hondas picking up with the 6th gen left off?
as in modding and such since you speak the 7th suck
You'd probably have to turbo an EX to be even close in a drag. The Si has considerably more power. A good driver with some well-done suspension work in an EX could give an Si a run through an autocross though. You could also do a swap in the EX later.

I'm surprisingly satisfied with the stock power in my non-VTEC '00 auto sedan. 100MPH is no problem on a closed road. I remember how 1.6L 4cyl cars of the '70s and '80s felt...totally underpowered. My '00 Civic actually pulls well on high-altitude interstates, which is more than I can say for an '06 Jeep Rubicon auto/4.0L. The damned 4.0L wouldn't even maintain the speed limit going west out of Denver! My Civic BLASTED up to Summit County, by comparison.

I Like the 7th gen sedan body style. The weak aftermarket for the '01-'05 1.7L engine is the problem.