General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Painted the interior in my CIVIC &&?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

its okay for you guys to have opinions, but i lovee it, and am very happy at the way it turned out. how much more simple could it have possibly been?

Old 06-10-2010, 07:51 PM

It's too flashy. It's not clean. It doesn't flow. It sticks out like a sore thumb. The paint is also too shiny but that's the least of its problems.

Simple is one color. Or only painting like one or two things. I think it would have been a lot better if you had gone all black and just reupholstered the door inserts with a pink fabric, and pink shift and e-brake boots, if pink is what you wanted. Would have looked a lot better. To me, a dashboard should be all one color, or a couple of colors that are very close to each other.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 PM
HCF Member

&& imo. i think THIS is just to much, i thought i kept it simple! but like i said everyone has there opinions and i know plenty of people who really like it including myself

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com...onda_civic.jpg

Last edited by trustdestruction; 06-10-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: edited URL to eliminate the double http:// so that the link works
Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 PM

I actually wouldn't say the Civic in the link is too much. The only things I don't like about it are the hood and that I don't really like the color pink... but the color doesn't really matter.

That Civic is clean and simple in that it is all one color on the outside, and one color on the inside. Nothing clashes. The wheels are a little weird but that's a whole different story.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Meh if they just look different cuz the camera I'd say it's good. I'd go with the darker on the seats if they really are different tho. Looks like something out of Midnight Club lol

*Edit* Ok don't like the grill or rims. The offset just makes them look weird, also too flashy, tho I'm used to simple racing rims... >.> Grill doesn't go well the badges are one thing but that just is a pink thing in the front of your car... If you really like it you could probably find some pink pinstripe designs to put near it to at least make it fit better. Ppl can't see all the pink on the inside when you drive by so it just looks like you too the time to spray paint your grill pink.

Last edited by Darklisk; 06-10-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:19 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by christinav09
its okay for you guys to have opinions, but i lovee it, and am very happy at the way it turned out. how much more simple could it have possibly been?
not much, you did a good job of choosing what pieces to dye. But that doesn't mean it looks good (my opinion obviously).

Honestly I highly doubt you'll get any love on here for that interior, doesn't matter what color, or what pieces you chose

Don't get pissed and leave cause of it

edit: And we have the same rims! if you still have the all silver ones. Mine came with the car, and they're better than steelies.....but only just (please don't hate me)

Last edited by Superfly; 06-10-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

well, actually yeah it could have been done simpilar.
but what's done is done! And I'm pretty happy with it, it's me. my next honda, will be diff. More simple! Not sooo flashy, or to clashed.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

lol I'm sure no one on here will like it! And that's fine! not everyone likes everyone elses things. I'm a open minded person. At least now, on my next civic it will be kept simpilar lol.
we do have the same rims? These won't last long, there 18" and I don't really like them! They were a gift! And a surprise, I didn't pick those, if I would have had the chance they would have been all black.
with the grill, yeahh I hear that alot, that it really sticks out and I should atleast paint the outside piece black so it blends. Which sounds lk a good idea just haven't gotten around to it.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Originally Posted by christinav09
VERY simpler! I understand people doing like their airvents, door handles, pillars, etc etc normally cause theyre ricey as hell and wanna paint em blue, white, or red (granted sometimes if done tastefully black to match the rest of the interior it can look nice) but all black and pink?! I mean u painted everything sorry but thats insane. U must have a lot of free time on your hands lol anyway have fun driving this eye sore around. Oh and in ur garage pics, do what MaximusFunk said about painting the grille black on the outer edges/trim so that it looks better (*edit: nvm u covered that part in the last post). Sorry im not trying to be a d!ck but that shocked me when i saw that.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

not clean. too flashy. very ricey. but hey. if it makes you happy and you like it who are we to judge? i'm in the process of having The Shop do a 2jz-gte swap into my 92 hatch. (blew the engine, sold my truck to get the money) all the people on here will kill me when i post pictures of my hatch with a supra engine. lol. all you need to do is bleach the carpet then die it hot pink! now that'd be different. i'm a fan of factory interiors. just swapin seats and stuff like that.

Quick Reply: Painted the interior in my CIVIC &&?