General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Painted the interior in my CIVIC &&?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

pardon me i didn't mean to come off like that. i was just tired and irate at the ol' lady.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:47 PM
HCF Member

i take nothing you guys have to say offensively! i lovee all the ideas, and actually am considering painting the pink things black to match the dash.. but now, would i paint them black, or just buy new pieces? because your right, maybe i did get too excited. lol. but its okay! it can all always be fixed.
when i looked at it, i didnt think it was too much, or ricey, because in MY OPINION, its not ricey.. lol but we all have different opinions. the outside is just going to be simple black with pink accents to my future 16" black rims, and there will be a few more accents done, eg: pinstripes and so on..
& i dont understand what you mean by cosmetic looking performance parts?
i have an exhaust, header, and intake?

Old 06-11-2010, 11:49 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
Okay, I'll throw in about two cents. Maybe more.

It's your car. In the end, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. But other drivers in the scene will take one look at your car and immediately judge you without knowing you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Let's take a look at this interior.

You have a theme going on. That's good. But I think you got a little too happy with the spray paint and you painted too much. We've had ricers on here in the past that painted using the same idea that every other piece of interior plastic has to be painted for it to look good or look different. You followed the same idea but I don't think it was your intention to make it ricey. It's okay, we've all been there.

I want to see more pictures of the interior. More specifically the top half. Did you paint the rear deck? Did you keep all the top half plastics pink and the bottom half plastics black for the most part?

In order to look forward to the future, sometimes you have to look to the past.

You had a good thing going on here, and if you ever decide to redo the interior, I'd like you to keep this in mind: Less is More. You don't need to paint everything. The speaker grilles need to be black. The vents need to be black. The center console needs to be black. You don't have to alternate colors everywhere to have a unique and sharp looking interior.

I like your exterior, minus the grille. Your pink badges are nice against the black exterior and the tinted tails are sick. But that grille needs to be two tone. The mesh needs to be black to make it look right/better. The edges can still be pink.

If I were gonna redo the thing in pink, I would do one of the following:

.:Option 1:.
Keep the upper and lower dash black. Keep the vents black. Keep the center console black. Have only the upper half of the car in pink, including headliner and visors. Keep pink accents on the seats and mats. Keep the door handles and cups black and keep the speaker grilles black. (Less is more.) Redo the door panel inserts with pink fabric. That's a much less glaring statement and it's really easy to do.

It's all about accenting what you have, not making it stand out and make a loud statement.

.:Option 2::.
If you really like pink that much, do a semi-Euro style two tone interior. Keep your top half of the interior pink like it is. Keep the upper dash black, vents and console included. The gauge cluster bezel can be pink too. Keep the door panels predominantly black. But paint the whole lower dash pink, not just the glove box. The lower console were the shifter is can be pink and so can the arm rest piece. It can also be black and still look good.

It's all about balancing your colors and keeping a theme going, not just painting alternating colors on most pieces. Keep one base color and use the secondary color as an accent.

The same goes for the exterior. The outside is doing pretty good so far. The car is black and you have pink accents. I would like to see a pink pinstripe on the sides and some sort of minor pink accents on whatever rims are on the car. I would like to see the mesh on the grille black too. This would make for a well balanced exterior.

Keep the same theory going for the interior and you can't go wrong.
Please take this all as constructive criticism.

If you want to look into redoing your door panels in pink, here is a good thread that will explain the process.
http://www.vancouvercivics.com/forum....php?tid=75843

THANKSS! soo much for writing this up for me, i really do appreciate it.
&& the back half of the car eg: back seat side is all done black, even the roof forgot what its called is black lol.. and nothing is pink except the pieces that connect to the ceiling, but again. thankssss so much!

Old 06-12-2010, 01:32 AM
HCF Member

headliner.

anywho idk about painting them all black and shiny like you did the dash. it'd have a sarann wrap feel. lol

i would just replace everything.

and cosmetic performance idk about.. kinda sounds like an oxymoron to me(although i love the way the turbo looks.) but you could have your valve cover hi-temp powder coated, intake and headers re finished. wire tuck. random stuff like that. i would get a set of meshies and powdercoat the inside black and the lip pink. that'd be purdy.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:31 PM
HCF Member

my headliner is not painted silly, lol. i refabriced it.. or whatever lol.
i replaced the old grey fabric with black. && its not shiny either.
that would be odd.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

He meant when/if you repaint the dash pieces theyd look all shiney and stuff like the parts that are already painted black. He wasnt talking about your headliner there

Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 PM
HCF Member

lol yeaah, i realized that after i posted that..

Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 PM
HCF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by christinav09
i refabriced it.
com'on.....

be a nerdy 1337 and say re-fabrykacted.

lol

Old 06-14-2010, 05:17 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Here is an idea for your grille area. Look closely at this pic

Name:  Rexy.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  204.7 KB

Again, less is more and simple things like this pin stripe would attract more positive attention, imo

Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 AM
shawty

^^ That's sex on wheels right there *drools*

Quick Reply: Painted the interior in my CIVIC &&?