General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

pulling a uhaul

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Default pulling a uhaul

Hello guys and gals i have a question for you all. Me and my wife will be moving from south central oklahoma to north west florida. My quesiton is she owns a 2001 honda civic ex coupe automatic do you think that this would have any problem pulling a trailer this distance. It would be a 10 foot trailer or less with a bed, dresser, average things in a bedroom. Also if by some chance this does mess anything up would the extended warranty cover anything that may break down.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:34 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: pulling a uhaul

wow... how much weight in each trip? The Auto tranny should be fine if u can turn the O/D off, and im pretty sure that it will be covered under warranty as long as u dont pull more than the recommended weight.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:53 AM

Well I really have no clue how much weight, but it would all be one trip. Where exactly would I check to see how much the limits are on such thing i.e. what the weight recommendations are. Thanks

Old 06-10-2004, 04:09 AM
NTX
HCF Member

If you go to uhaul, they'll have a chart that will let you know what is recomended for different vehicles. I don't think a civic is gonna be the best car to use for pulling a trailer.

Old 06-10-2004, 05:21 AM

i dunno about the 01 ex but i recall reading in my owners manual for a 98 lx they say not to pull a trailer it will void warranty. might be diff for the 01 though.

ide spend a little extra $$ and rent a u-haul and trailer the civic behind the uhaul truck then if ya got a little more room so ya can take some more stuff if needed.
not worth the risks expecially on and auto

Old 06-19-2004, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: iownamazda

Hello guys and gals i have a question for you all. Me and my wife will be moving from south central oklahoma to north west florida. My quesiton is she owns a 2001 honda civic ex coupe automatic do you think that this would have any problem pulling a trailer this distance. It would be a 10 foot trailer or less with a bed, dresser, average things in a bedroom. Also if by some chance this does mess anything up would the extended warranty cover anything that may break down.
I too thought of doing this, and I have the same car as you, but its just not the right car for the job Can't you talk one of your neighbors with a big SUV to tow the u haul for you?