General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Radiator Hoses very tight 95 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 AM
HCF Member

If you just want it fixed, you will need to consult with a machine shop to see if they can fix the threads in the block you stripped. They may be able to helicoil it.

And if it were me, I'd use new head bolts.

The stock header is susceptible to cracking.

As for power, who knows. Do you take care of the car otherwise?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:47 PM

Well today the car died. I went to meet a client and it was missing very bad. Once I arrived at my appt, I notice temp was almost at Hot mark. I shut the car down and when I got ready to leave, I refilled with water and went to start car and it turn a little bit, then it make a thump sound and engine stop. It sounds as if something is keeping it from turning over. Like the piston is hit valves or something. It will not turn over. This is the WORST honda I have owed. I just don't understand it. When it did run, it was nice, but that just didn't last long at all. I guess the previous owner just ran it into the ground. Poor little Civic. Oh well, car lot should be picking it up from where it is sitting and hopefully they can tell me what the deal is. I got a feeling I just might end up letting it go and letting them have it back.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by boiler1
If you just want it fixed, you will need to consult with a machine shop to see if they can fix the threads in the block you stripped. They may be able to helicoil it.

And if it were me, I'd use new head bolts.

The stock header is susceptible to cracking.

As for power, who knows. Do you take care of the car otherwise?
Yeah, I did as much as I could. Again, my CRX lasted longer than this car. That car was tough. LOL

Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Dude, you keep driving with a known stripped head bolt and gasket leak, it's going to blow up. The engine is probably jammed from hydrolocking, when a cylinder fills with water and it can't move.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:00 AM

Ahhh...ok. Well it doesn't matter now. They are letting me get a different car. I am very BLESSED for that. I am getting an Eclispe and it sounds very solid. No gasket problems and it hasn't been abused from what I have seen.
I am just glad that I don't have to deal with that car anymore. I am in Real Estate and I need to have a dependable car.

Thanks to ALL of you that gave me advice on the car. Maybe someday I will have another Civic (better one), and I will be back.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:21 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by VTECGUY
Ahhh...ok. Well it doesn't matter now. They are letting me get a different car. I am very BLESSED for that. I am getting an Eclispe and it sounds very solid. No gasket problems and it hasn't been abused from what I have seen.
I am just glad that I don't have to deal with that car anymore. I am in Real Estate and I need to have a dependable car.

Thanks to ALL of you that gave me advice on the car. Maybe someday I will have another Civic (better one), and I will be back.
Yea, the eclipse hasn't been abused because you haven't worked on it yet.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:45 PM
HCF Member

Old 05-21-2012, 08:07 AM

LOL..well again, the car had a blown head gasket when I got it. So it ran this long because I did work on it.

So the car dealer had the car towed in. Come to find out, the reason the car would not turn over was due to the A/C compressor locking up. He said he took the car and drove it the next day. He said it ran fine and the a/c was cold. Once he got back to the shop he heard a belt squeel a little. He then raised the engine to 2000 rpm and then there was a pop. He said the a/c compressor locked again and the belt snapped.

So, sir, there you have it. lol. But I still don't want the car.

That above quote was still funny though. lol