General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

A Return to One's Roots.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:59 AM
HCF Member
Default A Return to One's Roots.

I joined this forum in February of 2005, right after driving home a 2000 Civic Coupe EX 5 spd. I was thrilled with this car. I loved this car. It was my first and I dreamed of it being my last.

I decided to turbo later that year and pieced together a cheap DIY turbo that only put me back about 500 dollars. I ended up blowing my headgasket. I was busy with school so I was pissed.

I decided to put everything back to stock save an AEM SRI and called it a day. I went off to college and barely drove it. The headgasket gave out again and I drove it blown for about 3 years. It was the smallest of cracks so it was fine as long as I didn't stick in stop and go traffic. Well, it eventually got worse and the tranny started to give out so I parked it.

I registered it as Planned Non-Op and picked up an Accord for a daily. I work 50 hours a week and let my civic sit for about a year.

I decided a couple weeks ago I was sick of my Accord and wanted to return back to my civic. I went outside and gave it it's first bath in a year and fell back in love. I am starting the rebuild soon and I am estatic. Be on the lookout for my build thread. Going to be a lowkey, understated, mellow, clean build. Once everything gets running again I might even turbo, I miss my BOV.

Anyways, saying hello, again and letting you know to be on the lookout for my build thread.

Here is a pic of it before it was parked: imgur: the simple image sharer Sold the rims a while ago and went back to OEM hubs.

And here are a few pics from this morning. Photo Album - Imgur. I spent a couple hours shaving the decals and sap that had accumulated. You can see the paint is still in decent shape. Even though it sat for a year it had fresh wax on it.

Also, anyone local to the IE, specifically the HD in SoCal? Gonna be doing the rebuild with friends along the way and anyone who wants to learn or even teach is welcome to come have a brew while we build it a week at a time. Plan is to have it running mechanically sound in 2 months.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 AM

Welcome back to the forum.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

welcome back man! good lookin' civic, glad to hear you're bringin' her back from the dead

keep us updated on your progress, we all love the build threads