General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Save me from Ricing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Save me from Ricing!

that's so damn funny.^ +1 for de-ricification...FTMFW

If I were you, I would spend my money where it counts...under hood and on the suspension. plus cops don't notice you as much when you're running a stock looking civic. plus the sleeper effect is so sick when you see a stock looking honda murder some meathead in a muscle-car.

oh and to hell with the fart-can exhaust. it just makes you sound like a lawnmower on steroids.

do what you want though bro. you have to drive the dang thing, not other people.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 1c1v1c1

ORIGINAL: fireonall8

I'm going to have to agree w/ him big time. being that im a owner of a mustang; ill prolly be quicker to say that’s "rice" then any one else here. but I cant argue the fact that’s it your car, do what you want. However ill let you know right now if you pull up w/ any kind of Honda w/ anything next to a camero ss, they'll most likely give you ****(not saying its right; but that’s how it is).

I got a good giggle out of this...There are Hondas in my town that would KILL camero ss. So i dont know how you got that one.

But back to the Ricing....I have to totally agree with Absolute..Get what you want. If you listen to everyone on here..then everyones car is going to look the same..Just have fun modding your car...

lol, im not going to start this. I know this guy w/ a 10sec this and that. I know; camero’s are butt ugly. But ill give them credit; there one of the fastest cars ive seen on the street before.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

ORIGINAL: Fiasco

Im trying to add some rice to my diet. Flip whats up on the bumper man?
i seen that damn thing on ebay last week or so and just laffed....and my cuz was like "whats so funny" and im like "thats flips gay *** bumper that STILL no one will buy...lol" at least his car isnt so rice..
haha Fiasco finally bought it from me but its like just barely too big for ANYONE to ship out, it'll bel ike $300+ to ship, so i think i'm gonna havta refund him [:@]

Old 04-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Well after look at my funds... cant afford wat i want. So all the rest of my money is goin to the engine. Well looks like a sleeper is on the way. Just need a quite Catback...(off topic goin to I/H/E lol)

Old 04-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if thats what you want man go for it. every single one of use started with something rice that we wanted. i wanted a body kit, neons, wings, 19". i grew out of that phase quickly and found out what was clean and what others call jdm

Old 04-19-2007, 12:22 AM
HCF Member

I, for one, have always loved sleepers and really sleek, clean looking cars.

+1 for the SI sleeper

Old 04-19-2007, 02:56 AM

I'd agree with the general consensus. It's your car. Do whatever you want to with it. If you have a gut feeling you might look at something you did after a couple of years and go "What the hell was I THINKING?!" stay away from it.

There are some heavily modified civics out there that some would consider ricey, but everyone is going to have their own opinion. This kid I work with has a powder blue, lowered Si hatchback with altezzas in it and you know what? It really looks pretty good.

I initially joined these forums to find out the basics of maintenance and started looking around at what some of these crackheads have done with their cars - and I love it. Wether it looks like it's bone, well-maintained stock or it's bright pink with ridiculous ground effects and neon covering every square inch of the interior, almost everything I've seen here has struck me as cool in some way, shape, or form.

Fireonall is right. Some folks consider any, even lightly modified japanese car "rice." I've owned modern American econoboxes ('92 Saturn), a late eighties American semi-luxurymobile ('88 Olds Delta), a classic muscle beast ('69 Olds Cutlass), and a 5th gen Civic. I got over 150k+ miles on all of them except the Delta and the Cutlass before I deemed them worthy of trading in or, in two cases, donating to a worthy cause for the tax break. The Cutlass got sold to a mechanic friend who wanted to do a complete restoration. The Civic lasted the longest (195k with the guts still in good shape, but somebody broke into it last October and it was never the same), so I bought another one. And I gotta tell ya, the 8th gens are pretty freaking sweet.

Ack, I'm getting way off topic and long-winded. In short, I'm not a muscle guy, I'm not a tuner guy, I'm just a car guy. I like the crazy stuff people do with cars, even if I wouldn't do it to mine. So do whatever you want, and even if it's outrageous, know that for every person who thinks it looks stupid, there's gonna be another person who thinks it looks awesome.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:29 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

if thats what you want man go for it. every single one of use started with something rice that we wanted. i wanted a body kit, neons, wings, 19". i grew out of that phase quickly and found out what was clean and what others call jdm
i got my body kit, 17" without a drop, APC tailights, decals up the ***, fake CF on the exterior, APC fartcan, and i wanted a big wing. I also had neons with the bulbs totally visible. Now i have one of the biggest de-ricing projects going here on HCF, you'll regret it as soon as you smarten up

Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 PM

Listen to these guys and their opinions. They just saved me from becoming the biggest ricer in on the forum. I looked up some si wings and they look phat. I agree with that guy that sleepers are real nice.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:43 PM

The way I understand it, "ricer" is a combination of rice (meaning a Japanese car, because rice is an important crop there), and racer. So the best way to prevent having your Civic called a ricer is by not fulfilling the second half of the criteria, and not doing anything that would resemble racing, or make it look like you like to race.

I like my Civic, and while I haven't made any real major modifications to it yet (just some hubcaps and a new stereo and speakers :P ), I wouldn't mind doing a few things to it. I don't want to have my Civic called a ricer either, and I think the best way to do that is not make it look flashy or gaudy. I wouldn't mind putting on some larger, more stylish rims, but I'd probably not get chrome. I wouldn't mind some skirts or a kit or two, but nothing very different, just something that fits. And I'd probably keep the paint scheme the same as it is now (I sort of like the graphite color the factory put on it). The rest of the modifications would be for comfort and convenience; upholstry, a sun roof, new power mirrors with turn-signals, maybe a sub. And while my Civic wouldn't look stock after those changes, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be called a ricer either.