General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

these cars aren't very fast ey

Old 07-04-2007, 07:30 AM
HCF Member
Default these cars aren't very fast ey

unless you do a swap or build your motor and go boost, maybe even spray. can someone be cool enough to tell me some info about their honda and tell me what it has beat. mpg not mph lol. oh well.....

Old 07-04-2007, 09:12 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: these cars aren't very fast ey

My civic is slow, but i have beaten many cars with the advantage of handling

Old 07-04-2007, 09:23 AM
HCF Member

350z, s2000, Mustang GT, z28's, turbo'd b16, turbo'd d16, GSR, type R, SI's WRX STI, Eclipse GSX, Talon TSI, 5.0, Cadallic CTS, Porsche (not sure which one),BMW z3, EVO IX MR (barley)

I have an JDM H22a swap civic eg. with CAI/H/E/ stage 1 exedy clutch/ fidanza flywheel, walbro 255lph, MSD full igition w/SCI,Slips with DR's., Apexi VAFC controller.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

I think it comes down to the driver ( If your driving a stock engine with some bolt-ons). How fast you can shift through the gears and how bad you want it. Of course there are exceptions, like even if you are the best driver you can't beat something with more than50 horses over you (If they are on it aswell).

I'm not going to get into crank and tourque over hp numbers and what not, just my general consensus

Old 07-04-2007, 10:21 AM

and a lot of hondas like hatches may not be pushing big numbers but they also arent pushing a high weight...it's all power to weight ratio with hondas well hatches mostly but even 2 doors are light say compared to a mustang...

Old 07-04-2007, 10:26 AM
HCF Member

Oh yea I forgot to mention the weight ratio.... well 50 horses over you and roughly the same weight

Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Live_4it

Oh yea I forgot to mention the weight ratio.... well 50 horses over you and roughly the same weight
i knew what u meant...some people just dont understand the advantages of power to weight ratio like those cocky muscle car meat heads. "HAHA hows your little momas boy 4 banger gonna compete with my 454 big block v8..." its like stfu and just race...if ur packin a decent engine in a lil hatch u will win unless u blow haha or the muscle car is sick.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

Unless you're on a track, racing is gay.

I'm not discounting the fact that people can build hot cars out of imports or anything - because the technology is definitely out there. But trying to figure out who has built the better car away from a controlled environment like an actual track is just dumb, and asking for trouble.

Most of my vehicles have more ground clearance than any dozen of the cars on this forum combined, so yeah - I'm not really into how much faster someone can get there than I can. I bought my EG for economy because 4x4s suck a lot more gas than smaller displacement imports. That doesn't mean that I'm any less impressed with hot rods or fast cars. Just keep 'em on the track while racing, is all I'm saying.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:07 PM

lets see...'03 civic coupe, bmw 318i, saturn ion, scion tc, ford contour svt, nissan se-r, '99 civic si, bmw 328i, integra gs, '95 civic coupe, '02 civic si, mazda protege, vw jetta, subie 2.5rs, and scion xa. thats this year, those are cars in my class,all of which are mildly modded.

some typically faster cars that i ended up being faster than: Evo's, WRX's, Boxter S's, SRT-4's, Z06's, s2000's, and more...

Old 07-04-2007, 08:24 PM
MTK

I don't really race, but have beaten an 02 civic si, 05 civic ex,v6 accord, sentra, v6 passat, 2 jettas, and a ford probe (the last 4 and the SI were people who i work with, and we only race on the area behind our work building meant for unloading trucks)...

A lot has to do with the person's driving abilities...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: these cars aren't very fast ey