General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Tire pressures?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Tire pressures?

as per the stealership............always inflate your tires to vehicle specs and not tire specs. vehicle specs are there for a reason such as suspension wear, ride quality and a few others. although personally i runy my tire pressure higher than what is recomended by the dealer since higher tire pressure will aid with better gas milage. but keep a close eye on your tire wear. if its wearing in the middle more than the outside then drop some tire pressure. you want the tire to wear evenly.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Default RE: Tire pressures?

What he said.

Depending on the tire type, I tend to run them about 4 psi above that recommended for the specific vehicle--on the door jam--at the very least. If you have regular tires or GT tires, this is a good rule of thumb for better perfomance and gas mileage. Just pay attention to the wear and adjust accordingly (inner wear, too much, outwear, too little. Squeals a lot? Too little. And so on.)

Always check your tires COLD in your garage before you leave, then use that as the factor when you drive to a compressor.

Performance tires, in different sizes and style than the OEM, start to...differ. Here, you have to look at the individual tire's performance, maximum inflation, and the way you drive. I hate to say this, but experiment. You'll be shocked at the difference tire inflation makes in handling and mileage.

Enjoy, and keep records so you remember what you tried already!