General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

we put tape on it and the problem went away

Old 07-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Zeo
Default we put tape on it and the problem went away

"we put tape on it and the problem went away."
I bought a new Honda Civic and now is around 1400 mile. I noticed that the right hand front door has "click clock" noise when I drive. I found out there may be possible the internal Handle of the door is loosing. But there pobably other problem with the door.
I took it to a dealer (which I didn't bought the car from it). after an hour, he told me "we put tape on it and the problem went away."
I could do that myself. and I asked if they can try other method to fix the door. He said "that was the manufactured issue with the door."
Well, I wonder if I can get door replacement or something since I am still under warranty.
The clicking sound was really annoying and something is loosing, when don't they fix it but just put tapes on it. That is really rediculous.
Save the work? not buying from them, they don't care because under warranty there is no $ to get? Putting a tape is more annoying than the clicking sound. I asked for long time solution but no short term and how about after warranty ends?
Just little complain about people doing stuff today. Really not professional.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: we put tape on it and the problem went away

Yeah that would aggravate me too. I would go to an authorized Honda dealer and have them do the warranty work. You have to bug people to get anything done right under warranty.

On the other hand, if it was duct tape it will probably outlast the rest of the car.