General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What 1/4 Mile times can i expect??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Default What 1/4 Mile times can i expect??

Hey everyone out there

I'm new to this forum but not exactly new to cars, civics especially . I'm thinking about buying either a vti / vti-r civic coupe to have as a showcar/cruiser. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what 1/4 mile times i can expect with around $15000 of performance mods done to it?

Thanx for all your help [:'(]

Old 07-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Default RE: What 1/4 Mile times can i expect??

o and plus lol what kind of power figures do you think i would get from that amount of modification =D

Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 AM

it will depend alot on what you spend the 15000 on, if you do the work yourself or not, but i can help you with figures...

Old 07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

I would expect 1/4 mile times significantly worse than buying something with a V8 and building from there.

I'm not dissing the tuner crowd in the least (the work done and the results gained are very impressive), but if you're concerned about 1/4 mile times (i.e. want to win races and/or braggin' rights), the old rule of thumb still holds true, "There's no replacement for displacement." You can build the crap out of the hottest Honda engine available to you within your budget, and it still won't stand up to a small-block V8 with half of the money spent on it - unless you get good at negotiating for car lengths and conditions, like those weenies on 'Pinks.'

If you want fast, start with something that was made to be fast. Much less headaches and frustration involved.

Again, please don't be insulted. I'm from the old-school, 'run whatcha brung' crowd.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Type RB

I would expect 1/4 mile times significantly worse than buying something with a V8 and building from there.

I'm not dissing the tuner crowd in the least (the work done and the results gained are very impressive), but if you're concerned about 1/4 mile times (i.e. want to win races and/or braggin' rights), the old rule of thumb still holds true, "There's no replacement for displacement." You can build the crap out of the hottest Honda engine available to you within your budget, and it still won't stand up to a small-block V8 with half of the money spent on it - unless you get good at negotiating for car lengths and conditions, like those weenies on 'Pinks.'

If you want fast, start with something that was made to be fast. Much less headaches and frustration involved.

Again, please don't be insulted. I'm from the old-school, 'run whatcha brung' crowd.
I agree but watch as there will be a hail of bull **** come from your post lol. I have been a Honda fan for a long long time, had boosted honda's, built upones and you see what I drive now. Eitherway the VTI's should put you in the solid mid 15's with the R running in the 14's. That is not what the cars are good at though.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Marty
I agree but watch as there will be a hail of bull **** come from your post lol. I have been a Honda fan for a long long time, had boosted honda's, built upones and you see what I drive now. Eitherway the VTI's should put you in the solid mid 15's with the R running in the 14's. That is not what the cars are good at though.
Exactly. Hondas are primarily economy cars... and normally people are happy if that works. I know I've turned on the gas and struck a spark, but I'm wearing my firesuit. Again, I'm not trying to inflame anybody or minimize the efforts of those who are able to squeeze every last bit of performance out of what they have - I'm in awe of the advances (home-grown as well as professionally realized) in small-displacement performance.

I just hate seeing questions of 'how fast can I go if I throw a bunch of money at it' nature. Boosted, sprayed, juiced, bottle-fed, whatever you want to call it, tuned, or flat-out replaced - "Speed Costs... How Fast Do You Want To Go?"