General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What is better?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Default What is better?

Im 16 I will get my licence soon and i dont know wether to go with these cars or buy a civic
I have a 1994 Honda accord with a V-tech engine
I also have a 1990 Mustang 5-0
I love tuner cars and im trying to educate myself with cars, I plan on moding and racing out at our local track in Rosemond, Ca what should I buy a civic or stick withthoes 2, either way I will keep both cars but I want a nice one to drive to school. Reccomendations? Which is better in preformance?

Old 02-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Default RE: What is better?

first off its VTEC haha. any how its no contest that the stang 5.0 will out perform the accord or the civic whichever you would plan on getting. if it were me i'd get a civic becuase A) they get great gas mileage B) parts are reletivley cheap C) its a fun car to mess around in. as for the accord is it a v6 or i4 etc.but then again it all comes down to what you want playa.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:30 PM

4 sho I love tuners due to all the mods you can to with them. I have the honda accord but idk if i should get a civic. I love civics but I have no money raight now im looking for a job and no one is hireing... I wanna learn about automotive mods and engines everything.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

well if you have an accord you should just keep it. They are nice. 150 hp

Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 AM

Ya I have the accord and the mustang. I just dont know if I should put money into the accord or buy a civic and put money into the civic.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 PM
HCF Member

At your age, I'd sell both the Accord and the Mustang. Gas and insurance will generally be kinder withsomething like a 4dr Civic EX. These costs aren't likely to get any cheaper in the coming years either. Put the bulk of your money towards your education and building wealth/career potential right now. You can get nicer cars when you're out of college with a successful career/business/portfolio.

You didn't say what kind of racing you want to do, but a VTEC 5spd Civic would be a cinch for auto-X, while the older Mustang would be the car to build for drag. I think a good auto-X car is more versatile. You'll likely want an EX version if you're buying an older generation Civ, as it has VTEC and some nice luxury items (AC, cruise, sunroof, PW, etc.). I'd look for a nice 6th gen ('96-'00), as the 7th gen motor isn't as easy to boost/build, and the 5th gen may be tough to find in good shape.

If you want to go fast for cheap, get a moto for the track.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:33 AM

Thanks Kommando and I like Drag/Drift. Imight go get a job thissummer or nextI found a good paying job. Audio tech for universal starts you out at aprox $40 and magic mountain is hireing bigtime. Hopefully my dad will let me get the job and ill be making some good money.
As for the civic I think I will go for what you said 96-00 civic if I can find a new one kinda cheap.
Two quick questions. 1. What can I do to the car to give it more boost and make it faster? 2. Whats the easiest way to learn alot about cars fairly quick without feeling stupid?

Old 02-25-2008, 01:10 PM
HCF Member

I learned a lot just by lurking around here and asking the occasional question here and there. Judging by the intelligence of your posts I doubt anyone is going to call you stupid or give you a hard time.

Also, about your boost question, you're most likely going to have a hard time boosting; I know this because I live in CA too. If you're determined to boost sell those other cars and buy an older civic with OBD1, since OBD2 cant be chipped/tuned without a piggyback like AEM EMS or Greddy E-Manage.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:44 PM

Ya thanks lol.

and umm i kinda dont understand any of that but sell the cars lol. Umm im looking at a 1995 Honda civic my friend knows a guy who has it so if he aint a flake... we will see where it goes...