General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

What Civic to Buy? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What Civic to Buy? HELP!

anyother suggestions?

Old 05-04-2007, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

The 99 si will run you around 8000, so look for an older year and make sure its an ex, that is a good platform......unless your gonna plan on swapping the engine later on, then the dx would be a good platform.

Old 05-05-2007, 11:02 AM
HCF Member

Can a civic be Si and Ex? or only one.

If i can make an Ex 200+hp then i will not swap in an engine. If that is not possible, i will look at a dx for the purpose of swapping in something i can get 200-250hp out of.

Any advice about this?

Old 05-05-2007, 03:00 PM
HCF Member

it can only be one. just like there can only be one highlander.

you can get that much out of an ex, but it will definately cost you some money. some people take a lot of pride in building a D-series. others feel like it's more practical to swap. either way, the EX is a bit better a platform to modify because it's the same as an Si except for some various performance parts. the DX is the lowest trim level, so to get the same performance level, you would have to really upgrade a lot more stuff.

it's all about what you're interested in doing and what you're willing to spend. I suggest going with the EX. that way, if you decide that you don't think it's practical to put that much into your civic, you still have a great platform for a really solid DD with a little bit of pep. that's what many people on here including myself are up to.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: that guy

it can only be one. just like there can only be one highlander.

you can get that much out of an ex, but it will definately cost you some money. some people take a lot of pride in building a D-series. others feel like it's more practical to swap. either way, the EX is a bit better a platform to modify because it's the same as an Si except for some various performance parts. the DX is the lowest trim level, so to get the same performance level, you would have to really upgrade a lot more stuff.

it's all about what you're interested in doing and what you're willing to spend. I suggest going with the EX. that way, if you decide that you don't think it's practical to put that much into your civic, you still have a great platform for a really solid DD with a little bit of pep. that's what many people on here including myself are up to.
well keep in mind one has the sohc and the other has the dohc b series...kind of a big difference (at least after you hit 5k)

Old 05-05-2007, 11:02 PM

Take a look at 88s-91s (4th gen), 92s-95s (5th gen), and 96s-00s (6th gens). Whichever one you think looks best go with imo. 4th gens weigh the least and therefore perform the best, if that is important.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:30 AM
HCF Member

thanks guy,

brokenblinker, so an Ex hasa SOHCand a Si has a DOHC bseries?

A side note; on Fast and Furious 1, the black civics they used to steal the18wheelers. what model civic was that?

thanks again

lakeside rider!

Old 05-09-2007, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

i found a f23a1 engine at a local u pull it. ibelieve it is from an accord. I think i read somewhere it was possible to put that in a civic. Does anybody know if that is possible( i know anything is possible, but as far as arelatively easy swap). I tried the search feature and f23a did not pop up. thanks