HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

1992 Civic Hatchback Overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:59 AM
HCF Member

the car right now has D series axles but if you swap to that B series motor you have to swap the front axles too.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:04 AM
HCF Member

Ok - So aside from the complete motor/tranny that I'm getting, I also need new axles, shift linkage and motor mounts.
Is that it? Those are the only differences?

Originally Posted by Lewy2k
the car right now has D series axles but if you swap to that B series motor you have to swap the front axles too.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
HCF Member

for the most part yes. I'm sure some small things will pop up but those are the major components.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

make sure when you get the new motor you replace all of the maitenece items
like spark plugs and wires, all the belts, water pump, and the distributor cap
and be prepared that other little things will pop up like random gaskets and such

Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Snail'n Admin

sooooo skip the headlights and taillights...get oem style ones. Anyway...the two things i see youre missing, an exhaust, and suspension.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

Is it really necessary to replace all those things? I mean, won't the motor come with them? If so, where would I find them? Wal-Mart? Discount Auto?

Originally Posted by hamorhead
make sure when you get the new motor you replace all of the maitenece items
like spark plugs and wires, all the belts, water pump, and the distributor cap
and be prepared that other little things will pop up like random gaskets and such

Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
HCF Member

He has exhaust on his car already and suspension. I know he would eventually like to get new suspension (I'll let him decide what kind he wants). But will his exhaust not fit? Am I going to have to get a whole new exhaust system too?

I'm trying to stay away from things like exhaust and suspension because there are so many different kinds. The stuff I'm doing now are things I know he wants and there really aren't many variables (ie Spoon style mirrors - there is only 1 kind). With suspension he can go lower or stiffer or whatever. And with exhaust, there are so many different kinds and I don't really know what kind of a sound he's going for.

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
sooooo skip the headlights and taillights...get oem style ones. Anyway...the two things i see youre missing, an exhaust, and suspension.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 PM
March 2010 ROTM

You can go to an automotive store and get all the maintanence parts or buy directly from Honda. Its best to just change them while the motors out since its not too expensive and can actually be the life of your motor. Can't wait to see this build start.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:35 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by ArmyWifeCangi
Is it really necessary to replace all those things? I mean, won't the motor come with them? If so, where would I find them? Wal-Mart? Discount Auto?
yes thats necessary
and refer to what plethoric said

Old 09-22-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyWifeCangi
He has exhaust on his car already and suspension. I know he would eventually like to get new suspension (I'll let him decide what kind he wants). But will his exhaust not fit? Am I going to have to get a whole new exhaust system too?
If his exhaust is a complete header back system, the header will not fit. It's the D series and B series difference again.

Quick Reply: 1992 Civic Hatchback Overhaul