HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Addiction2bass truck project thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:44 AM
HCF Member

Lol love tha truck and wat your doin with it

BUTTTTTTTTTT.... Thats the worst photoshop/paint preview i have ever seen

Old 04-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member

thanks for the complements.

well this was my old truck. 2 15s REaudio SXs and a orion 2500watt amplifier. i loved this setup! i just didnt like it being a 2seater... so this truck when i go big im going to keep at least 1/3rd of the rear bench seat in place tho no good picturse of the box setup in the truck due to the LARGE size of the box and no 3rd door.
it scored a 145db on the meter and made it very hard to swallow. I LOVED IT!!!!

and this was my old trucks exterior shaved door handles and paint. tho for this truck i wont be doing any of these mods... only mod i want to do is the 31bar flush billet grill in front.

tho i never had the cash to drop the truck due to constant rent.
but i have learned alot from that truck. one custom paint and shaved molding SUCKS for a daily driver, also that bumper is there for a good reason... i jackknifed my dads trailer alittle to much and crushed the corner of the bed

you cannt have a to custom truck for a daily driver in my area.LOL
i love the truck but the only downfall with it is the MPG and gas tank! costs about 40bucks to fill up and the civic only takes about 15 bucks.
so ill still be driving the civic more than the truck.LOL
id love to go with air bags on the truck BUT i dont want to cheap it out so would cost me about 3,5-5K bucks for everything and thats definatly not in my budget. so the 4/6lowering should be nice for now but i might get it lower. all depends how good it looks after i install the kit.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:22 AM
HCF Member

BAG IT both your truck looks good. your custom enclosures looks good too, great job man

Old 04-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya well i dont have the green 95 anymore. main problem with it was it was the 2door and only a 305/5.0 TBI motor was very lacking in power! that truck was very hard to even chirp the tires it was sad!!!!

i ended up selling the truck about 2-3years ago i think. i loved and hated the shaved door handles. looked sweet but sometimes was a PITA popen the doors and such. very good for theft prevention but main thing that made me sell that truck was gas prices! i couldnt afford to drive it when gas was so high i was always hurting for money! main reason why it was never lowered. i had the drop kit ONCE and a week later i had to sell the used kit i got to pay bills!

and id LOVE to bag the truck BUT----------- that would mean i would have to sell the civic.... and i like having the civic just incase i get low of funds again i can simply drive the civic until payday with chump change.lol so ive decided selling it would not be a good idea since the truck loves gas... ive been getting about 16mpg lately in the truck. at first i was getting 18mpg. and i havent tuned the truck up yet. only thing ive done to it mechanicaly is change the oil and filter right after i got the truck which its about time to change it again so im going to seafoam the truck and then change the oil and filter again.

just wait till i get the rear spring plates. im going to drive the truck until friday with just the rear droped... so what ever you call that the rake look.lol sure it will get some laughs and just look like the bed is loaded down like a ****. LMFAO

also another future plan which will be the next mod will be adding air assist rear suspension so i can still haul some heavy loads even lowered. its just like a air bag over the axle and to the frame rail to help support the heavy load.
and i also already have a electric brake controler so i can tow my dads trailers and shouldnt have to much trouble pulling or stoping them. i just have to wire up the brake controler and run the wires for it. ive already installed a class 4 hitch that i had on my old truck when i got it so towing shouldnt be a big deal in that department...
you never know when i could find a sweet deal on another project civic... if i can find a 96-00hatch project ill jump on it if i can with the cash! i would totally ditch the coupe for a hatch! gotta love being able to to tow when i need to.
i also want a bedrug for the bed BUT might be awhile before i get that since its freaken 400bucks or so.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well I OFFICIALLY HATE "STYLINTRUCKS.COM" ok so i was missing those 2 spring plates... not a huge deal at first just abit of a PITA. last thursday they said OK well contact the manufacture and have them ship me those 2 lower spring plates.... ok..
i keep calling every day, friday, monday, tuesday to keep checking in with whats going on... every day its.. "we are still waiting for the manufactures tracking info to send to you."
ok well after 3 solid work days and a weekend im getting pissed off now. call again ask them WHY cannt they simply open another flip kit box and ship me the 2 plates that i am missing? "o no we cannt do that with individual parts since they might send me the wrong ones." OK I STILL HATE YOU GUYS and hung up... after stewing awhile i decide MAYBE ITS "DJM" fault they are dicken around with my ordered parts i need... look them on online and call them directly..... GUESS WHAT "THEY DONT HAVE A ORDER OF ANYTHING FOR ME IN THERE STACK OF PAPERS" (YES I HEARD HER FLIPPING THRU THEM SEVERAL TIMES TRYING TO FIND MINE) STILL NO LUCK... so she says i need to call stylintrucks back and tell them THEY HAVE NO SUCH ORDER and to send the order/fax again.
so then i had to call stylintrucks AGAIN....... and tell them they screwed up they either didnt fax the info or it didnt go thru... either way im still pissed about the whole situation!
i even asked the guy yesterday and today "CAN THEY CALL AND CHECK THAT THEY DO HAVE THE ORDER!!!!!" APPARENTLY THEY JUST DON'T GIVE A DAM! i think im a nice guy (to nice on the phone i guess) im going to call djm tomorrow when i get home from work and if they dont have the order by then im defiantly going to have to cuss someone out on the phone and try to get someone fired for all this crap im going thru to get my parts!
my trucks stuck on jack stands till i get these 2 small plates!

END RANT.....
long story short, I WILL NEVER BUY FROM STYLINTRUCKS.COM AGAIN!!!!!! SALE OR NO SALE! THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

AHHHHHHH, i want you to talk to someone who knows how to do photoshop well, or just get this back seat project on the way, im so interested.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LMFAO well i wont do the bench mod for awhile... gotta paint the civic before i do anymore mods on the truck.

anyways i wont really be thinking of a design setup till its time to buy the equipment that i chose which still not sure what subs im going to use... im aiming towards some FIaudio BTL single 15 or maybe if im nuts a 18, or maybe just 2 12inch BTL then get another amplifier. but i have to upgrade the alternator before any of that since my small 600watt amp already dips voltage hard.LOL not under 12volts since i have dual optimas but i still dont like the 12volt.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 PM
HCF Member

Whens the civic getting paint?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well i will start on the body work right after i get the truck back on the road!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

OK a bit of good news... FINALLY after repeatedly calling stylin trucks complaining finally talked to a supervisor and he called DJM company to get me my plates and tho he said they where shipped out thursday night, fedex 2day shipping, the tracking number didnt say it was picked up till friday, and i just got it today tuesday, not so much 2 day i guess.

i have the rear axle flip kit all torqued down, pinion set I THINK correctly, not installing carrier bearing shims until after i test drive it to see if it needs it or not. im thinking it might need one shim, it came with 2. so not a big problem to install just hoping i dont have to.

been cutting and drilling the last few hours and these frame notches are a PITA. lots of grinding with a cutoff wheel and now im drilling drilling and more drilling... and still on the first side, drivers side the hardest due to the brake line and wire harness behind the rail. my hands are just DEAD right now from drilling! this frame is pretty thick....
o well back to work drilling and cutting... I JUST WISH I HAD A PLASMA CUTTER!!!!!! cut off wheel and sawzaw still is slow going! and drilling 8 pilot holes and then 8 fullsize holes is very hard on the hands!

o ya also chopped off my exhaust pipes that was a sad moment!!!!!!
hopefully i can at least get this one side done tonight and then do the other side tomorrow since im off work and also slap the front on. only downfall is i dont have enough cash to replace the rotors yet so im just going to slap the old on there for another 2weeks till payday and then replace them. cable bill is due the day before i get paid and i need my cable/internet

Last edited by addiction2bass; 05-05-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Addiction2bass truck project thread