HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's 98 Integra JDM Front - The new DD

Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Default Cvcrcr's 98 Integra JDM Front - The new DD

Yaaaayyy! Found a white 1998 Integra sedan with a JDM front! Always wanted a teg, especially a 4 door. I used to drool over the JDM fronts

Bought it from some guy in MD on 10/22/12. As you will see, it needs some work.

Here are the current mods (I will add to this list as I go):

1. Interior
-Boss 6.5" front speakers
-Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
-JVC Single DIN headunit
-JDM Fog switch

2. Exterior
-CW paint
-JDM ITR front
-6k HID low beams
-yellow fogs
-white citi lights
-JDM/OEM Stanley sidemarkers
-Tinted windows (30%)
-Turn down muffler tip

3. Engine
-JDM B20b motor / LS transmission
-Hasport engine mounts (60a)
-A/C pulled
-CC pulled
-P/S pulled
-Mishimoto radiator/cap
-Mishimoto fan shroud
-Mishimoto black silicone hoses
-Steel braided clutch line
-Blox thermal intake manifold gasket
-ES Shifter bushings
-Headlight/Accessory harnesses tucked

4. Suspension/Brakes/Wheels
-H&R springs
-OEM JDM ITR '96 spec 4x114 conversion
-OEM JDM ITR '96 spec 4x114 wheels/OEM Honda locks
-3mm spacers (front)
-GSR 14mm rear sway bar
-ITR 24mm front sway bar
-ES front sway bar bushings
-ITR front/rear brakes
-ABS delete
-1" brake master cylinder

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-14-2015 at 02:40 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 AM

Ok, so here is how I found this beauty. Like I mentioned, I have always loved tegs and the way they look, so I kept thinking I wanted to trade the Civic for one and do some simple mods (suspension, wheels, type r wing), or simply outright buy one. Finally saved enough money where I could buy one and then sell the Civic when I was ready.

Jump to the weekend of 10/20/12. I went to go look at a nice, clean 1994 black 2 dr Integra with the ITR front and a GSR swap. Drove over 2 hours to look at it and there were so many things wrong with it I simply had to just walk away. To name a few, wiring mess, every piece in the console was not screwed in and fell out while driving, door handles broken, key holes stripped and broken, rear windows looked like they were tweaked from a break in, paint chips EVERYWHERE. Passed out when I got home and said Oh well.

Found this teg the next day in MD (about 2.5 hours away -opposite direction from the ^^^ teg) and ended up putting a $100 despoit on the car since the notary places in the area were closed on Sunday. Woke up super early the next morning, dropped by son off, and left for MD again. After 15 hours of driving total, here she is.

Name:  IMG_0741.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  85.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0739.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  93.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0742.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0772.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  39.1 KB

Yes, terrible pictures that were in the Civic's project thread, but oh well. Nothing has really changed yet.

During all the driving and excitement, I forgot to call up a PA title place to see if there would be any "bumps" along the way. Well, there was. I won't go too far into it, but after driving and hour or so north, I found a title place to give me a plate and registered the car in PA.

All that's left now is inspection and this thing is going to be my DD. The Civic will probably stick around until spring time. Gives me time to keep the Integra down and to work out kinks. Plus, I just saved 100's on my car insurance by switching to Geico (lol, I laugh everytime I say that.. but it is true!!) so having both cars on my policy is manageable.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 02-05-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

moar pictures!!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 AM

I will try to take more this upcoming weekend. Damn daylight savings time ending. It is dark before I even leave work now.

However, so far I have done:

-Pulled the steering wheel off

-Pulled the rear seats out and cleaned everything up. I found ALOT of crap under the rear seat (from earrings, to chuckie cheese tickets, to credit cards, to cupcake wrappers lol). Upper portion of rear seat was not bolted in or clipped in etc. Took the time to get that dealt with, too.

-Pulled the black/bronze lug nuts off the Civic and put them on the Integra. Junky faded red lug nuts are on the Civic now just cuz I don't care how it looks anymore.

-DA Hood cable - No more ghetto "reach-thru-the-bumper" hood release.

-Installed the Skunk2 shift **** from the Civic.

-Pulled off the front end and re-aligned bumper/grill - Hood rubs against driver side fender when opening/shutting. Nothing a washer or two cant fix.

-Installed Pioneer 6x9's. Pulled out the 5x7's or w/e were in there. wtf. they didn't even fit. Sad to see a car like this with previous owners who couldn't even afford or take the time to buy $50 speakers that were the correct size. :\

-Pulled the ITR cluster and installed a USDM OEM unit - Car has 219k on the body

-Bought and installed black rear trunk side "carpet pieces" - Trunk was gutted 100% when I got it. I was lucky to find them as sedans with black interiors are hard to come by apparently.

- Purchased a new OEM exhaust piece - Probably not going to get an exhaust kit unless an axle back that is quiet pops up for cheap on CL.

- Purchased a new radio harness - DD Pioneer unit from the Civic will be going into the Integra sooner or later.

I am sure there is more that I forgetting. This is almost a dream car for me to own. I want this car road legal ASAP haha.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 02-05-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
HCF Member

Radiator harness, wooo!

:P

I really like that wheel actually. The horn button mostly. I couldn't find one on Ebay.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 AM

LOL. Edited.. I guess I am so used to typing radiator.

I think the wheel is some type R wheel or something. It does say "MOMO" on it . Sucks that leather wrapping is in sh!tty condition though.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

Show me some pictures... Maybe it's salvagable. Mine is momo. Shocked the hell out of me.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:26 AM

I will get some pics up of it tomorrow maybe. The leather is ripped up and is literally falling off when you rub against it. If I can figure out how to re-wrap it, maybe it would be a good part again.

I keep reading everywhere that the GS should have come with a 15/16" brake MC. Same as the LS/RS. However, there is a nice big ol' 1" brake MC on the car.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Cat Fuсker

Wow... it's ugly... well, maybe it's ok... congrats on the purchase.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:00 PM

Yea, you can call it ugly and POS now. I am at least Everyone on this forum knows I can give the Teg the TLC it needs. Once that is done, then it will be nice.

Looking at tucked harnesses now. I might even venture to make my own. That ugly OBD2A automatic harness is ugly as fawk. Probably going to buy a tucked clutch line, too since that is all out of whack, too. Might even swap the rywire line from the Civic into the teg. hmmmmmmm

Planning on pulling a/c out ONLY because the condenser and lines are all jacked up from the front end swap/accident in the past. Srsly, the engine bay needs help and that is the one thing that is truely "clean" in my Civic. Can't wait to get this thing cleaned up.

Thanks Geney . Can I call you Geney? Oh well, I did anyways. BTW, what happened to you living situation? You still in the Philly area?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's 98 Integra JDM Front - The new DD