HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's 98 Integra JDM Front - The new DD

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 05:21 AM
HCF Member

I like the look of the white lettering too. It's funny, I just saw something about it a while ago ha ha. Looking good! Moar lovin'!

Old 03-22-2013, 06:00 AM
HCF Member

I love the lettering. I actually just ordered 4 of those pens of amazon, $2.33 each of something. Not showing up for 2-4 weeks though. But I picked up a set of Hoosier drag radials for my car so I'm going to color the Hoosier in. And I'll probably end up doing it to the dd wheels whenever I find some.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 AM

Thanks guys! I am still having mixed feelings, but I am bored today. Might go at it again with the other wheels to pass the time

I was able to re-install the brake return spring yesterday, easy once you remove almost everything that's in the foot well (fuse box, brackets, covers, ALOT had to come out to comfortably do this). No pics because it is just a spring in a crammed little area.

I also got around to installing my ES shifter bushings. The shift linkage was in shambles, so the install too me about 1.5 hours start to finish. I ended up dropping the exhaust by pulling them off the rubber hangers. Gave me enough room to work in there.

Previous:
Name:  IMG_1214_zps561df33d.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  51.6 KB
Don't mind the tin foil ****. That should be replaced with something better sooner or later. not really a major concern of mine right now. Notice there is a missing bolt? Shifter and linkage was dumb loose.

After:
Name:  IMG_1215_zpse9324462.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  51.5 KB

The one under the car looked fine, just missing bolt allowed the play. The "other" bushing near the trans was a different story...

Name:  IMG_1216_zpsf7dabe95.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1218_zpsfedc6f9e.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  65.2 KB

Gross. No "after" pics since it now just looks like a normal bushing is in there like it should.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Your car pulls off the white lettering pretty well man. Looking good.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM

Thanks man. Unfortunately, it is already getting blotchy and yellowish, so I don't expect it to last. Glad I only did one wheel as a test. Going over them every month to re-white them would be a bitch. The white lettering is gonna be stripped off this weekend probably.

I am noticing a lot of cracks and what not in the paint. I have a feeling it was a cheap maaco job and it is slowly chipping. Oh well.

Originally, I was gonna install ES bushings all around, but realized I didnt feel like dealing with squeaks down the road. The car isnt a race car, so I plan on ordering some OEM replacement front lower control arms. The only thing ES on the car would be the shifter bushings, and the RTA bushings. Maybe some other small things like sway bar bushings. Haven't really decided 100% yet. I don't have the money for OEM bushings plus the labor it costs to install. Never done it myself, and I dont feel like renting the tool to try it. lol

Also looking to reinstall A/c. Not sure if I mentioned that before either. Gotta buy the lines and condenser and possibly a compressor. There are wires which are simply ripped out of the compressor. This will be a fun reinstall. /sarcasm

Edit - Looking at the pictures from this weekend, I am disgusted with the condition of the carpet. Might start looking for a replacement if possible, or I might pull the current one and re-dye it. Hmmm making plans for the summer....

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 03-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:19 PM

Did a bunch of little things this afternoon.

No pics yet, but scored a set of LEDs for the license plate off my brother. I will snap one tomorrow night if it is not raining. He wasnt happy with the way they lit up on his TSX so he gave them to me. Nice

Brakes were also squeaking badly so I took the calipers off, re-greased everything. During the 4 mile ride home from my moms place, I heard no noises. Lets hope it stays that way.

Pulled the white paint off the tire. Honestly, it was yellow and only had spots of white left. Maybe others who use pads which create less dust will have better results.
Name:  IMG_1236_zps8abd8a80.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  29.6 KB

Took apart the front end and realigned the headlights. Dont mind the bumper sag. Pulled off the red "H" emblems. I have little painted-white plugs in the holes right now, but I need to start looking for a better alternative since I am not happy with the way they look.
Name:  IMG_1238_zpsf1b8b583.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1237_zps48d648a4.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  32.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1240_zps3fb90b81.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  73.1 KB

Realized my passenger lock thingy wasnt working when a buddy drove the car last weekend(the tab you hit to unlock/lock all the doors). One screw removed, found out it was not plugged in. Easy

Also pulled off my driver door panel, fixed the window finally. No more wind noise, or having a window which looks like it will fall out lol
Name:  IMG_1239_zpsf8ee40fc.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  28.9 KB

Started playing with the fog lights to make sure the bulbs actually worked. Pulled the bulb out and it blew into pieces. lol Looks like I will need to replace those as well.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 04-02-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:56 AM
HCF Member

How exactly did you fix the window? Was it just loose bolts?

Old 04-06-2013, 06:25 PM

Window adjustment thingys were off and one needed to be flipped upside down to allow the front of the window to come up more. I can grab some pics next time I am in there if you would like.

More progress today done. Got a set of poly filled mounts from a buddy of mine a while back and could only install the passenger side. One bolt on the driver side just spun and the nut was in the frame rail. Ended up cutting a hole in the frame rail and getting to the nut. No pics since my hands were dirty as fawk. I will get a pic up sooner or later.

Car vibrates alot more. However, the stock mount was on its last leg so it is a big change that I will eventually get used to. The vibrations are louder than the car (stock exhaust). racecar

Got new fog bulbs, but not installed yet. Not sure when I will have a chance to work on all that again though. Axles are making alot of noise when coming to a complete stop and taking off again. Almost sounds like popcorn popping. lol Axles should be replaced next weekend.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:14 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
More progress today done. Got a set of poly filled mounts from a buddy of mine a while back and could only install the passenger side. One bolt on the driver side just spun and the nut was in the frame rail. Ended up cutting a hole in the frame rail and getting to the nut. No pics since my hands were dirty as fawk. I will get a pic up sooner or later.
Same thing happenbed to one of the torque mount bolts on my car. Had to cut a hole to get it out and then I welded a piece of metal over the hole I made. I don't run torque mounts at all, granted I don't run stock mounts.

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Car vibrates alot more. However, the stock mount was on its last leg so it is a big change that I will eventually get used to. The vibrations are louder than the car (stock exhaust). racecar
Once my new bushings from the Drop's show up my vibations will be back even worse. It makes everyone I give rides around sad to know that I'm getting stiffer mounts next year, the 75A only offered by Drop isn't going to cut it. I need 85A+ or solid ones. But once the turbos on... I'll have no exhaust, so vibrations will be the least of the obnoxiousness. That and I removed the oem sound deadening from the car too, so its like 18 gauge floors, and carpet between you and the ground. Road noise will be nice.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

I saw you mentioned the carpet. I just ordered some last week, picking it up today, from stockinteriors.com

I'll let you know how it goes. They've gotten good reviews compared to ACC and JC Whitney, so we shall see...

Edit: just received the carpet, it's ACC.

Last edited by zerojett; 04-09-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's 98 Integra JDM Front - The new DD