HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

JayVee's EK-EJ6 Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:30 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by JayVee
than i wasn't able to remove the iacv due to lack of room so i gave up plugged all sensors back in and headed to pepboys for a iacv gasket. little did i know i forgot to put my sri sensor back in and most importantly the freakin iacv sensor -__- so on my way to pep boys i had a cel on and i pulled over and realized i forgot my sri sensor. plugged it, still on. when i got to pep boys checked again and saw the iacv sensor not in so i plugged and still had a damn cel on and not to mention no gasket either so it just went terrible for me today.

Now quick questions:
Driving with no iacv sensor for 10mins how bad is this to your engine?
reseting my cel will fix the problem? or do i need to find the problem first?

LMAO I remember when I had unplugged all my wires from my intake mani and plugged the wrong one into the wrong spot, my throttle was everywhere! haha I would press the gas lightly and my car would be going up and down all crazy, I couldnt figure out what I did wrong until I found the right map sensor underneath the mani all tucked behind

Old 01-05-2010, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by chrismag
ha thats good. whats a dizzy cap.
dumb question....i know.
and the main thing i had a problem with was oil. honda manuals say to check oil every time you full up. if you dont.you might end up like me with a spun rod bearing
its a distributor yo.
and serious i had a my oil light going on and off and it took me about 2 weeks before i got to a nice oil change
pep boys had a bomb deal, 5 quarts of oil, oil treament foundation, funnel, rags, gojo hand sanitizer and something else haha all for $13!

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
LMAO I remember when I had unplugged all my wires from my intake mani and plugged the wrong one into the wrong spot, my throttle was everywhere! haha I would press the gas lightly and my car would be going up and down all crazy, I couldnt figure out what I did wrong until I found the right map sensor underneath the mani all tucked behind
and that's funny nike when i got to pep boys i was pissed off becuase i forgot the main sensor the freakin iacv one.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by JayVee
you know i didn't really like it when i first saw the car, first thing that came to my mind was rice, lol. now i've actually grown on to it, so i don't really mind it.
i like the way your car looks bro, tho hood fits it nice.

lol i dont know why you thought it was rice.. we over analyze whats rice and whats not on this site lol, soon enough your going to hear people saying tinted windows are rice.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 AM
HCF Member

well it just gave me that sense of young teenager "T1T3 R@C3R" yo look. haha
i mean yeah ima teenager but still, it's grown on to me so im glad i didn't sell it.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

Update!
So i got my ecu reset today from my dad's mechanic friend and while i was at it fixed my window seal issue.
hopefully tomorrow I'll fix my front driver side pillar.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:37 PM
HCF Member

Damn, making progress bro. Keep at it. Hopefully I'll get my Si tail lights Friday. SO EXCITED YOU HAVE NO IDEA...

Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

Biggest Update!
(will include photos soon, check the 1st page of this thread for them)

Wrecked my passenger side of my car on Jan, 9th. It's bad. I took a turn a bit too fast while it was raining and my car spun out once, then spun half again and hit a telephone pole. luckily nobody was hurt but now i can't drive this, and i'm sitting on a spare. some of the problems i could name off the back are:
steering wheel isn't alligned straight
coupe window is broken
backseat passenger side interior area is bent/broken
rear passenger side trunk area to the passenger side fender are all affected with damage
ugh, this really sucks the only bright side is i got a job starting the 16th of this month. i just hope my car can be fixed asap though, it's my transportation to school/work now.
(well actually i'm fixing my fixed geared bike as we speak for transportation until i have enough $ to fix my car)

Old 01-14-2010, 05:10 AM
HCF Member

Dam............ quater damge sucks ***** dude if you were actually able to break the interior trim it could be serious....

Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM
HCF Member

ya bro that doesnt sound to good if it got to the interior, i better start being more cautious when it rains.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

interior seems bent, not really broken. once i start work tomorrow and finish my semester of spring college i'll probably get a quote on what's wrong.

Quick Reply: JayVee's EK-EJ6 Project