HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

JayVee's EK-EJ6 Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:17 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Looks half assed to me, thats just laziness. But I have that too, I just admit it. And yeah greencivic yellow fogs is sick.
I have a quad toned car. Can't get any lazier than that Nike. LAWL.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 AM

Glad you made a thread. Its nice to see all the transformations in one thread.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

I think cf hoods look ricey on light colored cars like silver,white,gold, or red. However dark green and black can pull it off well.

Paint matching is annoying, but I would at least do it for the grill eventually. the lip wouldnt be so bad left black, especially with the cf hood.

Glad to see a progress thread that isnt 45 pages worth of reading yet, Ill be following along. what do you plan on next?

Old 01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
HCF Member

well as of now im cleaning my iacv, then i'll be installing a new window seal that goes to the inner door part of the window. then future plans maybe paint matching the car but to be honest i like how the front end looks it blends nice with the cf hood.

Last edited by JayVee; 01-04-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

well today didn't go quite how i expected it. my iacv is located differently than on the ex models and i had to work through this:

now what i did first was removed my sri and unplugged the sensor to the sri.
than i removed the sensors to the fuel rail. (4 of them)
and lastly i removed the fitv sensor on the iacv.
(note: not my engine tooken off, just for reference)

than i wasn't able to remove the iacv due to lack of room so i gave up plugged all sensors back in and headed to pepboys for a iacv gasket. little did i know i forgot to put my sri sensor back in and most importantly the freakin iacv sensor -__- so on my way to pep boys i had a cel on and i pulled over and realized i forgot my sri sensor. plugged it, still on. when i got to pep boys checked again and saw the iacv sensor not in so i plugged and still had a damn cel on and not to mention no gasket either so it just went terrible for me today.

Now quick questions:
Driving with no iacv sensor for 10mins how bad is this to your engine?
reseting my cel will fix the problem? or do i need to find the problem first?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
HCF Member

Well after freaking out, 94chb mentioned not to be so worried and i should try removing the neg black ground and reset the ecu so my cel will come off. Now i could do this but i plan on heading to my dads mechanic shop so he could put in my driver front side pillar and my window seal on the inner door window. While im at it he can just check my cel and see if theres any problem whatsoever and just reset.
So i'll update ya guys after i get these things set aside.

Last edited by JayVee; 01-04-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Chubby Chaser

IF things are done the right way, instead of half a**ed then they will last forever and run great, i work on cars and trucks all day long, you wouldnt believe the crap people do sometimes, i just got home from driving 600 miles today going around and buying cars and trucks from people off craigslist and bringing them home to fix up and resale.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by chrismag
i am pretty jealous of your car, i have a 98 and it seems to be falling apart ever since i got it 3 months ago, but i am glad to here yours in doing well for you!!! ha
haha, i say the same to every ej8 owner.
i still needa get a new dizzy cap, rotor, wires &plugs suprised these haven't been a big issue yet.

Quick Reply: JayVee's EK-EJ6 Project