HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Figured out my squeeling problem under the hood Its just the a/c (I'm actually glad it's not the alt cause the last time I had to replace an alternator it ended up going haywire and destroying my Civic )...I'm just glad I know what the problem is. I can live without a/c for a few if it happens to go out before I get it payed off I mean thats what windows are for anyways right

Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

Its just the A/C belt squeeling?
Thats a easy fix lol.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Uh yah I think or the a/c clutch...if its an actual problem with the a/c it might be a little pricey but otherwise it should be cheap and easy (crossing my fingers).

*Edit* so now I just have to pay the truck off...about 1900 bucks left (but with only ~150 bucks a paycheck while here at college is horid). I plan on working about 9 days out of my 11 day spring break so hopefully that will help a lot Maybe make 500 ??? That would be nice. But still I hate being broke haha

*Once I get the truck paid off I want to adjust the torsion bars and get shackles in the rear for about 2 or 3 inches of lift in the rear along with the 2 to 2.5 inches just from cranking my t bars. Then beefier tires (thats probably when I'll do the suspension stuff).

*The actual suspension work I want to do will cost me about 30-35 bucks (shackles are cheap and cranking my t bars is free )
*The tires will be a little pricey, about 400 or maybe a little less BUT it probably will need an alignment too so it'll probably end up bein that much. *I'm hoping to get 31's...they should fit after the very small (cheap) lift.

Last edited by Kenny-g; 03-02-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Replaced the power steering/fan belt this afternoon...took like 4 mins i was proud of myself

It still squeels though so it has to be the a/c. It's either the belt itself or the a/c tensioner (or just loose in general) but the a/c tensioner and belt is such a PITA to get to so I'm going to buy the belt tomorrow morning and take it to a shop to have it replaced.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

I'm thinking about attempting something like this some day...I think it would be cool specially since I can barely see jack shi-ite out of my stock housing tails while in reverse (at night). Idk it's an idea for now...I think it would work well too.

*Edit: Also, I'm debating on whether or not I wanna try and tint my headlights still...a coworker/friend of mine is gonna redo his headlights (via VHT Nightshade) on his 2k Ford F150 and said he'd be willing to use whatever is left for mine lol maybe do one or two layers and then clear coat it...idk if I wanna do it but I'ma talk to my dad about it and see if he'd care [he doesn't even know about the stickers, fogs, and bed net/cargo net thing ] so we'll see.

Last edited by Kenny-g; 03-04-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Got the squeeling to stop idk how but it did...was tinkering with the belts a lot and tightening, loosening, tightening, taking the ps belt off, putting it back on, etc. Something worked so idc lol

I replaced the battery today because it wasn't holding it's charge (it was 4 years old anyway. She's running strong as of now so I'm all good.

My dad visited me this morning and didn't care about anything I did to my truck so far (granted its not a lot of crazy things but still, I figured he'd be a little upset). So it was nice to not get yelles at and to see him again.

I can't wait for spring break (coming up this Thursday lmfao).

Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

The wheels...opinions? Im thinkin I might start searchin for a set for my truck. Imo it could look sweet. Its labelled as being a gunmetal color but havent actually found a gunmetal set (meaning the info from the cite I found it on prolly isnt legit). Either way it would be cool in gunmetal or just a polished aluminum.

Tell me what you think about em...

Old 03-06-2011, 11:08 PM
HCF Member

^ DO IT

spring break already, mines not till april.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Yah this next week is my spring break...all TX Colleges I guess ??? lol

Thanks for replying sfazngiants! I really like em but can't find a set (just my luck)

Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 PM

4 spoke only works on SUVs. Do it!

Quick Reply: Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project