HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

KingDakota12's 99 Civic DX Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by KingDakota12
same man can't wait to have a solid job! got a pic of your civic
me either man, whats your major there? ill see if I can get some up, all I have is my blackberry up here at school so they might not be the best but youll get the point lol

Old 02-19-2011, 05:26 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jeffhondadc5
me either man, whats your major there? ill see if I can get some up, all I have is my blackberry up here at school so they might not be the best but youll get the point lol
Criminal Justice man, how about yours and what year you in. And any photo works my friend, just upload with image shack.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by KingDakota12
Criminal Justice man, how about yours and what year you in. And any photo works my friend, just upload with image shack.
CJ as well lol and im a junior right now, one more year to go.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:56 PM
HCF Member

awesome bro! im a sophomore so close behind!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
HCF Member

Looks like spring is here and the busiest time for the car so first since I can't get an answer in the body section Ill ask here.

First I need to take off, sand down and paint my wiper arms they looks horrible and the sooner the better, but what kind of black spray paint should I use and what grit sandpaper.

Also I need to re-paint the ugly chipped chrome window seals that looks so gross and noticeable chipped and need all the tips I can on the type of spray paint and sandpaper please.

Ugh to name more I need to put on my summer wheels(the best part), but have to repaint my ugly rear drums black since they are all rusted again(someday I will do a rear disk conversion, but Im a car noob and not down my ally.) and repaint my front calipers red to match the car.

Also have to get key marks repaired on my passenger side because punks think that is cool to do up here and it's deep to the metal so my friend gave me a price range of about $200-300 repair; boy can't wait to fork that much up.

Then finally once that is all done and I start working in the summer Ill be getting the first part of my suspension including the FF Type 1 Coilovers and the Skunk 2 LCA's WOOO!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 PM
HCF Member

I remember seeing a DIY somewhere about painting the window trim black.
And for the sand paper... I would probably go with like a 600grit.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 AM
HCF Member

Thanks my friend. It's just so dumb that Honda made it like a chrome underneath the black it looks horrible!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 AM
HCF Member

I AGREE!
I did this on my back window from my del sol.
I Just used a black spray can i had laying around. worked pretty good.
But I remember seeing a thread where they used a type of spray can that was like plastic with the same texture as the original, or something like that lol.

here's quick one's I found
DIY: Fixing Flaking Window Molding Weather Stripping - Club RSX Message Board
DIY window trim restoration, stockish look. - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums

Old 03-29-2011, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

Yeah seems to be a pretty easy job. Just have to use a razor and get the rest of the black off, sand down all the chrome and I found most people use a trim paint which is like factory black and that should be all it needs and hard to believe how good it makes your car look.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

Just Ordered my I Love Haters Decal. You can call that rice, but it's not that big and will be in the upper passenger side of the windshield.

Quick Reply: KingDakota12's 99 Civic DX Build